Voice mail from Blocked Number??

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I just got a notification that my 928 had blocked a call (from a number I blocked some time ago), then 30 seconds later, I get a notification for a voice message. If I blocked it, how were they able to leave a voice message? I don't want them to be able to do that. I want the call dropped so I get not voice message either... I have not seen a setting for this, I just thought that was how it worked. Am I mistaken? Will this be updated in 8.1? Did I miss something?

Thanks.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure, but I think it's more like your phone is identified as turned off (for blocked person). It would make sense, so the person will not realize that you've blocked him/her as it would happen with immediate call drop. However I might be wrong. Have you got the latest SMS+Call Filter version? I know that it was a bit buggy, blocked person could keep sending MMS's to you even if you added him/her to the "blacklist"

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=c459945b-d93f-4aae-9207-c6ab1d971357

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, as up to date as over the air goes. Interesting. Maybe Microsoft needs to call it Call Ignore if that is how it is treated. If I block something, I want it blocked. I don't want it to just bypass the ring and go to voicemail. I have a Silent Feature for that...

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, as up to date as over the air goes. Interesting. Maybe Microsoft needs to call it Call Ignore if that is how it is treated. If I block something, I want it blocked. I don't want it to just bypass the ring and go to voicemail. I have a Silent Feature for that...

I have no idea pal ;) It might be a bug, or it's just meant to work that way. Personally I haven't got a voice mail because I don't need it, but I believe it is an issue. Someone can just leave 14761 messages on your voice mail and that's not something you expect to see if you blocked someone. Maybe a keyword is (call+sms) FILTER, so in fact it is filtering the calls and messages. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon