In aeroplane mode, gps will be disabled ?

delmanicomio

May 21, 2014
Visit site
no wi-fi, no culluar data, in aeroplane mode

can i show my position with offline maps ?

i'm asking because if i remove sim card or in aeroplane mode no gps connection. with culluar data shows my position wrong

is my hardware broken ?

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Does it really say aeroplane on your phone ? cool
if you are using it in an Aeroplane (at a Very High Altitude) it will find your exact location, but when you use it in urban area where there are a lot of interferences, locking down your exact location will be nearly impossible in Airplane (Aeroplane) mode.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It works. Just takes much longer to get a fix without the help from a internet connection. I actually was surprised I was able to get a fix on my flight 36,000 feet cursing at 600.

Here is what you need to expect when there is no internet connection:
1. You need have a clear view of the sky so that satellites are not obstructed.
2. Preferably stationary. It takes significantly longer time to get a fix while moving fast.
3. B prepared for a long, couple minutes long, time before GPS gets a fix.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
... I actually was surprised I was able to get a fix on my flight 36,000 feet cursing at 600.

Here is what you need to expect when there is no internet connection:
1. You need have a clear view of the sky so that satellites are not obstructed.
2. Preferably stationary. It takes significantly longer time to get a fix while moving fast.
3. B prepared for a long, couple minutes long, time before GPS gets a fix.

If you're satisfying expectations 1 and 2 while at 36,000 feet in a jet, then I'd say you're got more to think about than getting a GPS lock...assume the brace position!

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
LoL. That's why I was surprised to see that. But I assume the thin aluminum skin is not that a big deal for GPS signal (so is a thin roof top of a typical house in US but not a few layers of concrete floors of commercial buildings). I was never able to get any fix in my previous GPS units or smartphones while flying. But the GPS on my 1520 does surprises me this time.

crgsibaja

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I thinking that all communications devices goes off.. Also you can take a photo and see the location.. So right now I'm confuse.. Lol maybe the location not

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi