Step Counter stopps counting on a Lumia 640 DS

franzmueller555

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am from Austria so my English is not perfect. Please apologize mistakes.

I have noticed some people including myself, by whom stops the Step Counter on a Lumia 640.

It stops after 24 till 50 hours using the device without restarting.

If it stops counting, the only way to bring the counter back to work is to restart the phone.
It do not help to install other apps, which have access to Sensor Core or reinstall the Health and Fitness App from Microsoft.
It do not helps if you put your date of the phone 100 years to the future and then reinstall the setting App ?Motion Data?.
Nothing helps. Only ah reboot of the device.

Now my question to you guys.
Do you have the same problem on a Lumia 640 or not? Would be very interesting for me to know.

MartinPoulet

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I have exactly the same issue - MS Lumia 640 DS LTE - it stops counting steps after 2-7 days without reboot. Restart brings it back to normal operation. When issue is present sensors seems to operate normally - sensor core doesn't work but application for reading accelerometer, compass working properly and readings are ok.
Faulty sw or hw?

Martin

Jezza

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Digging this topic up from the grave, since my girlfriends 640 does the same thing. everything is up to date, but every once in a while the step counter will just stop counting until a restart. Has anyone else found out what is causing this and if it can be easily fixed?

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I need to bring up this thread again because two phones around me (640 and 635) stopped counting steps totally after one of the last updates to MS Health. Has anyone an advise?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes