What's a good password keeper app?

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I use 1Password. They have a version for pretty much every OS out there and it all syncs via Dropbox, even the WP version.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I use lastpass. it is cloud based and has desktop browser plugins..it is a lifesaver in this "every site needs me to login" world.

angelsimaren

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I love Sky Wallet. You don't have to connect to Sky Drive, but it is one of the best password managers. I like how it asks you to set a master password and how you can organize your logins and passwords.

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I second 1Password.. Really love it, but, the WP app is a bit weak compared to the iOS version.. Hopefully they update it.

It's awesome on the mac/pc side as well

Frek

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Lastpass is awesome. It syncs across all your devices on their own servers. Advanced features only cost $12/year.
I've been using it for years since my wow account got hacked because I used to have the same password everywhere.
If you access accounts on multiple devices I really don't think you can beat lastpass.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
any password manager that stores passwords in the cloud, ripe for the hacking....is dumb.

I use Iron Wallet. I got it back when it was free, but they charge now.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The files in the cloud are encrypted. The password managers fully transfer the files and decrypt locally. they don't update files remotely. The encryption level used is impossible to decrypt without the master passphrase. As long as you use something decently long you should be fine.

I would be more worried about poorly written programs which might store data in cleartext in memory.

igoramadas

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't really see the point with all these password managers. In the end it's yet another password to memorize.

I wrote a website for password tips a few years ago, www.passwordadvisor.com, and a guide on how to have a "base" password to create different passwords for each website / service without having to actually memorize all of them.

But you asked for an app, and the app is there as well. Search for "password advisor" on the store. WP8 update with improved UI is on its way.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I don't really see the point with all these password managers. In the end it's yet another password to memorize.

I wrote a website for password tips a few years ago, www.passwordadvisor.com, and a guide on how to have a "base" password to create different passwords for each website / service without having to actually memorize all of them.
There is always a website or two that will have some rule that breaks your guideline...

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Another vote for sky wallet.

I like the fact it uses skydrive to store everything, and has a PC companion app, so i can access and update my wallet from PC or Phone. When moving from WP7 -> WP8 it took seconds to download and setup the app again, and all my passwords were pulled straight in.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I know you already decided on Sky Wallet but I just thought I would share for anybody else looking for one. If you use keepass on your desktop then 7Pass is the best option in my opinion. You can easily upload / download / sync your keepass database through Sky Drive with this app. It's very easy to use.

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just Intalled sky wallet!! Pretty good app! I came from android and I used msecure. Very similar!!

I also currently use mSecure and have contacted the developer, hopefully it will get ported and I'll wait a while just in case it does, otherwise I'll try to find something else I can export my passwords to that is compatible.

UPDATE! - Received the following from mSeven Support Staff today.
Thanks for your business. We do plan on making a Windows Phone 8 version of mSecure but we do not have a timeline for this version yet. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks for your time. mSeven Support Staff

Last edited:

wpy#WP

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Sky Wallet is a nice app but has a flaw. If you jump to another app or go to the start page it does not relock. This means you can just keep pressing the back button till you get back into skywallet and data is there for all to see. Developer should change this. Maybe add a PIN like Wallet does. Hope this get corrected soon....

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just bought eWallet Go on my 920 (I'm an mSecure user on iOS and Android) and I really like it so far. Especially because it's also available on all the other platforms and on Windows 8, which makes the developer a lot more trustworthy for me :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon