What to expect from Microsoft’s spring 2024 Surface PC announcements

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Might we see the Go4 consumer version with ARM that was put on hold in 2023 when the Go4 business version shipped with Intel's N200. Now THAT would be a nice surprise. ;)

Last edited:

bradavon

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
This seems to be suggesting only ARM versions will have the refreshed designed and the Intel versions will be more like the SL5 and SP9. Really?

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
This seems to be suggesting only ARM versions will have the refreshed designed and the Intel versions will be more like the SL5 and SP9. Really?
I see how that makes sense from a sales and marketing perspective. If they want to push their new arm systems, just being “arm” won’t sell it, that’s for sure. People have been burned enough by arm over the last 7 year from Microsoft. So having a nicer design could entice people that way over the intel counterpart as they start to phase out intel.

Reactions: bradavon
Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Personally I’m looking forward to the Surface Laptop updates and especially the arm developments.

I’ve been waiting for smaller bezels in the surface laptop for literal years. We e had 3 gens of it and every time the laptop felt more modern visually compared to Mac’s, yet my bezels always threw that away, ha.

Arm has always been behind in windows, and it still appears to be behind the M3 (and we know m4 will be even better likely coming later this year). Would love to see Qualcomm pass up one generation in the coming years.

I’d really also love to see a Surface Go 4 compete in price with iPad. It’s the smaller lower end surface, it should be priced like an iPad Pro. Also would love to see it catch up visually with some smaller bezels and higher res screen. The current lowest end iPad destroys the surface go in price, performance, and design.

bradavon

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I see how that makes sense from a sales and marketing perspective. If they want to push their new arm systems, just being “arm” won’t sell it, that’s for sure. People have been burned enough by arm over the last 7 year from Microsoft. So having a nicer design could entice people that way over the intel counterpart as they start to phase out intel.
True but if reviews are good, it'll also turn around. True though.

It's poor for Intel fan though too.

Personally I’m looking forward to the Surface Laptop updates and especially the arm developments.
Me too.

Windows on ARM is behind MacBooks but it's also still better than people make out. For every day use it's really perfectly fine.

I've owned only a Surface Pro X for years now (Intel PC for work but I didn't pick it). That's not saying Windows on ARM is where it should be but it's definitely not unuseable like many make out either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria