Google Maps

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
You know, I realize that google doesn't appreciate Microsoft, or at least they surely make it seem like it. However, why is it that every single mobile OS has a form of Google Maps out on their app store or built into the phone yet we don't get even a single thought?

They even completely rebuilt Google Maps and released it on iOS. It wouldn't be hard for them to create a map app on WP8. ****, I'd even pay for Google Maps on my phone.

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Probably won't happen. At least if the way Google has treated Windows Phone is any indication of their future on the platform.

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Bb10 already has google maps I believe. Which is what brought me to ask this question.

@Snowy Nokia - Google has the most updated maps out there with over years of satellite images and developed navigation as much as google as deterred me, their maps still offers the best services out there.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Mind me asking the interest in google maps on a windows phone device? Besides the usual better search data

For me, I have a million personal points set in Google Maps "My Places." . It's sad that I had Google Maps on WinMo 6.5 on my old Touch Pro 2 and do not have them on my 822. I'm going to have to buy a separate device to be able to access GM.

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Let me say this, the Lumia really can't handle alot of pins and I know that after experience. I got around 50-80 and the app (both gMaps and Bingle Maps) get's really sluggish, hardly useable with so many.

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Let me say this, the Lumia really can't handle alot of pins and I know that after experience. I got around 50-80 and the app (both gMaps and Bingle Maps) get's really sluggish, hardly useable with so many.
are you sure that's not just the apps? If not, well that's really disappointing.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes