Problem with app update

Yokukami

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Currently I'm using Lumia 920 and now I think I having problem with update notification.

Normally, the Window Store icon on start screen should have number pop up to tell you the number of app that needed update but recently I have not seen the any notify number on the icon for weeks even I have acknowledged that some app in my phone already have got some update to download.

I have made test by going in Store and browse on some downloaded app. Once I have made into app info screen, the share button have swifty changed into update button. When I have tested by back to start screen, the Store icon have number popped out.

Do you have any solution to made the store have notification number on start screen icon as normal?
It would really annoyed if I have to browse through store for all of my apps to manually find whether there is the update!

Yokukami

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean the soft reset? I will try that one.
Sometime I have changed the region to browse for app, is it related to this problem.

I still have not received PDF reader app update since I have known that the update have come out since last Friday :(

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Pasting my comment from another thread (the fix was confirmed to be working by the OP on that thread):

So I sent a tweet to @winphonesupport and they followed up with me and the steps they provided FIXED this issue for me. Here's what they asked me to do:
Unpin the store tile from the start screen,
Clear IE cache /history,
Soft reset by pressing and holding the vol down and power buttons,
After phone reboots, pin the store live tile back to start screen.
After having done this, I received 5 app updates last night and just received another update a few minutes ago.

Hope this works for others too, good luck!

Yokukami

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
After clear history from IE and made soft reset, it still not working not getting any update notification till today.

Thanks anyway for advice :)

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
HTC 8X - Verizon
Same problem here for a few weeks. A cache dump and 'soft' reset didn't work for me either. I also had developed a 0 bytes for Apps in phone storage issue. Finally bit the bullet and did a 'hard' reset....
Settings|About|Reset
It solved the App 'notification' issue for me, at least for the moment....got several update notices once the phone came up for air.

Just make sure to sync backups first to make them current...and save to Skydrive or your computer any pics, videos, music or ringtones etc you want to keep. During re-install you'll have the option for a clean install or to re-import(from backups) your Contact info and Apps. You will have to re-add your email accounts tho. But the Apps and Contacts all came back intact (including Messages) which is the hard work of any reset process. Took about an hour or so out of my life tho that I'd like back.

As a bonus, you'll also 'reset' your Phone Storage 'Other' amount if that was creeping up on you.
ETA...
Forgot to mention, also got my Skydrive folder thumbnails back as well....so a nice refresh all in all.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2