One touch apps

raacut

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if there is an app that just toggles settings like wifi on/off just by clicking the live tile and shows the status of wifi in the actual live tile. Kind of like what stop music does. Just by clicking the stop music live tile it removes the annoying player that shows up everytime you press the volume button. ( I think its sad you need an app to do basic things like this......) Also is there an app that can toggle vibrate quickly as well ? Hate having to go into settings and then having to do it. Coming from a Nokia user dunno why sound profiles were removed in the first place.

Also a one touch live tile to take me directly to my contacts search would be nice too. Just seems like im missing something about how to use my phone . Or maybe im just being to picky about the 2 or 3 extra clicks i have to do for basic things , i dunno.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Current API restricts access to such functions. So there are will be no apps with quick settings until MS opens it (I mean API)

thegooner

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Also is there an app that can toggle vibrate quickly as well ? Hate having to go into settings and then having to do it.

When you press the volume +/- button, you can tap on where it says "ring+vibrate" to change it to vibrate only, and vice versa. You don't have to go into the settings page for this.

raacut

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Current API restricts access to such functions. So there are will be no apps with quick settings until MS opens it (I mean API)
Thats actually a bummer , was looking into developing an app that can setup profiles and have a tile pinned to the home page corresponding to particular profiles.... I guess thats why it hasnt been done yet.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Thats actually a bummer , was looking into developing an app that can setup profiles and have a tile pinned to the home page corresponding to particular profiles.... I guess thats why it hasnt been done yet.

You right. There are a lot of developers currently who wants better API to implement cools things. But believe me. If you still can not find something it means by 99% this is impossible to implement. :(
We all wants abilities like in Adroid, but stability like in WP

raacut

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
You right. There are a lot of developers currently who wants better API to implement cools things. But believe me. If you still can not find something it means by 99% this is impossible to implement. :(
We all wants abilities like in Adroid, but stability like in WP

Yea tough call , I particularly did not go for an Andorid phone because of the laggy OS and instability , but was expecting better basic phone functionality from a Nokia Phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon