Not and android power user anymore... Help with travel apps.?

extreme588

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello Guys,

I have been an Android power user for a while, but not any more. Ever since I stared using Windows phone I can firmly say I will not go back to android.

Had an HTC radar from Tmobile "Mango" after a while I got bored and switched back to android. Long story short ended up trading my phone for Lumia 925, never been happier since then. Love the fact that I can install as many app as I want, pictures/videos and the phone will not slow down.

Would like to know from users that travel internationally. What apps you guys use when traveling.

I kind off when in to like rampage mode and downloaded yelp, FlightAware, bing translator"which I love", Jack of Tools, Poynt, Tip Calculator, and Tonido for home cloud. Going to China and Japan in about a month that's the reason I ask. :)

In any case thanks for your help and feedback.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi extreme588 and welcome to WPCentral.

I'm moving your thread to the Windows Phone Apps forum, since more people will be able to help you there.

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I use the official Delta and Air France apps and am quite satisfied with their functionality. I also have a currency converter app, which I use on the odd occasion. I have the kindle app installed and use that a lot while doing domestic flights.

Flightaware is loaded and good to go, as well as Flight Status (some flight apps don't work with international flights or destinations, so you end up using 2 or 3 apps of the same type)

and finally, Nokia Maps/Drive with the offline maps downloaded.

SergikUK

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Download Here maps mate, I have travelled around the Globe a lot for the past few years. Ever since having Nokia 5800, then Nokia C7, and now Lumia 820 Nokia Maps has never let me down. Ability to just download maps of the counties were you are going to travel is awesome. My brother in law who has SG IV and a die hard Android fan looked at me in envy when he didn't have a signal abroad to navigate using Google maps. I have always led the way when we were abroad. Excellent maps experience, offline maps and great battery life. What else does one need?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes