One App Category Seriously Weak-- Art

HeavyHanded

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I see that in the Windows Phone Store, besides Fresh Paint, there are no good quality art apps. I mean sketching, drawing or painting apps. Apps like Sketchbook, Brushes, Art Rage, Art Studio, Procreate and the like have no equivalents in the Windows Phone Store.

Although I just bought a HTC 8X last month, I still carry my iPhone 4 around in my pocket for sketching. There will be some huge screened phones coming out soon, and no premiere art apps.

Now, before you say Fresh Paint, lemme explain why it cannot be a "go to" art app:
  1. No LAYERS!
  2. No Pencil Tool!
  3. No Saving of Mixed Colors
  4. No Save as Copy
Not that it is a bad app, but it was never intended to compete or be on par with Sketchbook or Procreate. This is amazing that no one has yet to address this in forums or in app creation. Hopefully it changes soon.

HeavyHanded

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
So the updated Fresh Paint is nice. But it still isn't the kind of drawing app I want. I still can't believe how amateurish this app category is. Still searching..

HeavyHanded

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering have you tried contacting the devs of the apps you like? Which ones your favoriteandi'll contact them as well

Sorry to take so long to reply. I have been playing with the new Fresh Paint app, which is good, but still not the app that I am looking for.

Another app that I just discovered, and is AWESOME, is the didlr app. Very nice! Tools are that great, but it does have rudimentary layers and a twitter-like community that is very active.

On the note of who I have contacted, I have badgered AutoDesk many times about creating a Sketchbook app for WP8. They already have an RT app, so convertiing it cannot be too hard for devs like them. Anyway, this is a copy of my latest Twitter correspondence with them. It looks promising!

@AnthonyMadden
@SketchBookPro How about porting that awesome WinRT app to #windowsphone? #wp8

https://twitter.com/AnthonyMadden/status/385164507141509120

@SketchBookPro
@AnthonyMadden Stay tuned!

https://twitter.com/SketchBookPro/status/385227377468391424

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes