How to contact a developer from Windows Phone Store?

camo8723

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello

I would like to ask if there is a direct way to contact a developer from an app of the Windows Store.

My story is short. I bought an app two months ago I had to uninstalled but I've read that you can reinstall a purchase app any time, but when I tried to reinstall the app it was no longer available on the store. I would like to contact the developer to ask him what happened and how can I get the app back.

I know that the name of the developer is Andrey Solopko and he has 4 more apps on the store.

Thanks for your help

camo8723

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Precisely that's my point.

Is there a direct e-mail address to do that? Or a web page. The only thing I've found is a social network for developers but there is no way to make direct contact with the developer.

Ok I download other apps from the developer and ask him to contact me. Let's wait and see what happens.

Thanks for your help

camo8723

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
All right I managed to contact the developer by downloading other apps and reviewing it providing an email address.

The response was that MS decide to block the app due to a violation of a rule related to nudity. In my opinion is ridiculous in this case because the pictures are silhouettes with the shape of a man and a woman. The developer tried to response to MS block but he didn't get any answer. It's silly that they block an app after 6 months on their store.

Well at least I reach my goal

Thanks everyone for your time

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey, happy you sorted it out! As a Dev I've been wishing for a more direct (and also public) route to speak with my app users. Particularly, I find it harsh that someone can leave a harsh or biased review, and we as dev's don't even have the option to provide a short rebuttal.

or ex, one of my apps has a 1 star rating because of a specific bug. I've since fixed it, but the reviewer hasn't changed his review and it still counts. Why shouldn't I be able to pust a "Dev Feedback" that says, this issue has since been fixed. OR at the least have an open dialogue with those poor reviews to find out if it's a manageable fix or something... not (like some people review apps with, "It's nice but it's not <INSERT APP HERE>" with a 1-star review, Or,"This app has pictures of a dog, yuck!" 1-star.

badplanet

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Same here I put a link to my website which has contact information both in the app and in the store description. Since my app works with the Pebble smart watch via Bluetooth many of the negative reviews are Bluetooth pairing issues. I am able to help the people who contact me but when the user just puts a 1 star review with a comment like "App does not work! Do not buy!!!". It does an enormous amount of damage to an app over a misunderstanding of how to get the device connected. I usually get 3 or 4 emails a week which I am happy to answer. Most users seem to be satisfied that I am able to help them or explain WP8 limitations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon