Q: When/If "Banter" will come to WP?

Raemon Mustang

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
So, apparently there's a new messaging app, which is gaining popularity on iOS and Android. Well, it's actually more of a chatroom app than a messaging app. It's called "Banter," and it was developed by the original developer of iChat, who is hoping for a renaissance of the AOL chatroom days of yore. You can find a review of the app here:

Banter App Review: The Best Modern Chatroom for Phones | Digital Trends

The article clearly states that it's only currently available for iOS and Android ... As a Lumia 920 owner, I just wanted to express my interest in the app, and give others the opportunity to do the same.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
"All of this is great in theory, but we found there’s the slight problem when it comes to Banter: No one is chatting just yet."

So you want to begin the push early for a product no one knows will succeed. Do you know how BBM is doing on those platforms? It was all the rage a few weeks ago but since then, I haven't heard much about it.

Raemon Mustang

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
"So you want to begin the push early for a product no one knows will succeed."

In the modern global digital app marketplace, can the popularity of a newcomer be related to its success? Is it not true, that the larger the number is, of people who are talking about the app, the more exposure the app gains? Granted, from an historical-statistical perspective, trends in 'Initial Popularity' (i.e., people installing it just to see what it is) are seemingly unrelated to trends in the Long-Term Success of a given app. Therefore, I'm not expecting my little post on this (unknown? small?) website to singularly have any major impact on ... anything, really.

As I said, I just wanted to create a public space for discussions regarding Banter on WP to take place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon