Convincing Waze to continue their investment in the WP App

torbach1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone:

I've been using Waze a lot in my daily commute, and it's been an absolute life saver in terms of time. I've recently been trying an LG G3 Android phone because I'm a gadget nut, and was curious what it's like. The biggest positive it has is not so much in the number of apps that they have, but rather the huge quality difference there is between equivalent apps on Android/Apple and those on WP. The biggest example of this is with Waze.

Waze on Android is unbelievable. It barely eats battery life, it supports landscape mode, and so much more. I just tweeted @Waze to compliment the app, and ask them to continue investing in the WP version. I don't think it will help since they're now owned by Google, but if any of you like Waze and would like to see them improve it for WP, please could you do the same? I'm back to my Lumia 1020 now, and enjoying the stability, and ease of use compared to Android.

Thanks a lot
T1

ManuelPineda

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Great idea, I wrote a request in their uservoice page. Sorry for the link but I don't have more than 10 posts.

waze. uservoice .com/forums/59223-client-how-can-we-improve-waze-on-your-phone/suggestions/6423995-waze-app-for-windows-phone-is-functional-but-an-up

Last edited:

torbach1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Great idea, I wrote a request in their uservoice page. Sorry for the link but I don't have more than 10 posts.

waze. uservoice .com/forums/59223-client-how-can-we-improve-waze-on-your-phone/suggestions/6423995-waze-app-for-windows-phone-is-functional-but-an-up
I just upvoted your posting with 3 votes. Lets get more people doing that too. Could help show our interest.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
didn't Google buy Waze?
quick search online...

yup, Google did buy Waze, so I wouldn't expect much of anything at all which is frustrating.

mccririck

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Why use Waze when there's Nokia Maps and Copilot GPS?

I recall using Waze on my android work phone and it decided to put a fullscreen ad on the screen right when I was approaching a roundabout. I uninstalled it and vowed never to use it again.

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
It depends on the country, in my case Waze is the only app that has fully functional navigation maps. In the Symbian days, Here+ or whatever the name of the Nokia maps were functional too. A couple of years ago people went nuts mapping the country traveling just to add routes and places. All the other options like Garmin were non free and very poor. So basically Waze got the community to do all the work and keep it up to date.

Sent from my RM-893_lta_lta_204 using Tapatalk

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

I recall using Waze on my android work phone and it decided to put a fullscreen ad on the screen right when I was approaching a roundabout. I uninstalled it and vowed never to use it again.

Well it's simple. Here Drive+ is lousy when it comes to avoid traffic. And this is confirmed by HERE themselves.

On Symbian (Nokia Maps), we had traffic avoidance. Let's say you chose "fastest route". What Nokia maps does is: identify the faster route taking into account the traffic. Pretty obvious heh? That's what people expect a navigator to do.

But Drive+ (WP) only indicates traffic delays. So it will compute the fastest route in theory, add the traffic delay and that's it.

In a dense area, like in Paris, it means: it leads you INTO traffic.

I've tried (Symbian) Nokia Maps and Drive+ for the same route (from home to work). Nokia Maps finds the smartest way (confirmed by colleagues, they work there for years lol) when Drive+ never suggest it.

I've contacted HERE, they agree that traffic avoidance is a must-have. But that feature and lane guidance are missing, and it's a nightmare to use Drive+, again, in very dense areas.

Another example: we went to a wedding last week. First car: Waze. Second car: Drive+. From same starting point to same end point. Waze car: 40 min. Drive+ car: 60 min.

So that's why people would use Waze. Unless of course you do need the offline maps.

But most of the time, people don't care off or online maps. And I'm pretty sure that when Drive+ hits Android (end of this year), they will have to adjust their offer, because, unlike Nokia Maps or HERE suite on WP, they'll face a tough competition.

Drive+ (and HERE Maps) on WP are, to my eyes, their show case. They should improve their app as it gives a pretty poor image of their skills (which are excellent, illustrated by the latest version on Symbian).

And because Waze on WP is so poor, I'll use it on my work iphone. I'm gutted. I would prefer to have a brilliant WP app such as Drive+, which brings me what Waze offers: traffic avoidance (I don't care the speed camera warnings)

nenabunena

May 5, 2014
Visit site

I tried using Nokia Maps but it can't even find popular destinations in my country let alone remote ones. Waze has a great detailed map of the Philippines compared to Nokia.

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Voted!

I can live without new features, but the "recalculting route..." and "sending..." overlays that stay stuck forever, that I will not endure much.

Anyone have a fix for that, other than back+cancel?

I tweeted them, asking if they were going to update, all they had to say was "We take it case by case, version by version".

If you tweet them, add #FixWazeOnWP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital