Installing Snapchat on Lumia 830?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronGraham

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,
I just upgraded my Lumia 830 to the latest release of Windows 10 Mobile.

I am very interested in running Android apps, in particular Snapchat. I have been reading on the internet that Snapchat requires Google Play Services. My questions are as follows:

1) Is it possible to install and use Snapchat on Windows 10?
2) Is it possible to install Google Play Services to make Snapchat run?
3) Would using G-Maps_Patcher to remove Google Play dependencies allow the app to run?
4) Would installing any numerous of the 'hacked' Snapchat APK files to remove Google Play services work?
5) Is the Windows 10 Mobile SDK required to deploy Android apps?

I really hope you can assist me in this and thank you for any responses in advance.

Regards,
Aaron Graham.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
The project files that allow you to do any of these are in an unfinished state and not even released as a preview at this time. As such, they are unstable and can prove to be unpredictable.

I am not aware of whether or not anyone has been able to get this functioning with SnapChat specifically, but it should be said that any attempts to do so would be at your own risk. I have read rumors of some people getting Google Play to work, but it was inconsistent at best and rather buggy.

Right now, I recommend waiting for Microsoft to actually finish what they have started with this project.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It's eather impossible, or close to impossible. Other apps can run just fine, but since Snapchat integrates GP services it can get tricky. From what I know there were attempts, but I don't recall that someone managed to do it.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello Aaron

While some of your questions are harmless, others aren't.

First, the Astoria tools are for developers working on their own apps. They are not for people looking to misuse them to port apps which the developer did not intend to be ported.

Second, installing Google Play services on devices that aren't licensed to use them (any WP device) is illegal. We can't allow the discussion of illegal activities in these forums.

I'd recommend you take this discussion elsewhere, or better, wait for the developers and IP owners to do this as is intended.

Closed.

[INFO]Moderator Note:

Windows Central is not linking to the file nor providing instructions on how to sideload. Simply put, the software is not finished, and the ability to steal Android apps is not something we would like to promote.

We will not tolerate any links or directions or the discussion of activities deemed illegal.

Remember, from our Community Rules and Guidelines: Illegal Activities - Do not post, sell, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROMs, UDID's or illegal copies of intellectual property of others. Discussion on how to defeat the insurance protection with it on or off devices will not be tolerated on the forums: Remember accidental damage is not done on purpose. Claiming damage be accidental for the purposes of an insurance claim is misrepresentation and, fraud. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums. Discussion regarding stolen devices is not permitted.*[/INFO]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon