Built For Windows 10 apps

Panos Gr

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone! I have a question! If an app is built using Microsoft's UWP, in store must say "Built for Windows 10" right?

Panos Gr

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Oh. I thought "Built for Windows 10 " meant that you're using new UWP APIs..

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

mrmobileperformance

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It doesn't really say that!

If you went to school, you should be able to read and comprehend a "whole" article. And I shouldn't have to spoon-feed it to you.

"Running Windows 8.1 apps in Windows 10 can be awkward and create a mixed user interface so knowing an app is built for Windows 10 is a draw."

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
That doesn't describe why an app is a UWP or not, it describes a problems that could occur when using an 8.1 app on W10. It doesn't even mention scaling issues!

Maybe you can read this....as you obviously went to school.

To the OP the link is a good read to understanding UWP. If you have trouble understanding then mrmobileperformance can spoon-feed you.

mrmobileperformance

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
That doesn't describe why an app is a UWP or not, it describes a problems that could occur when using an 8.1 app on W10. It doesn't even mention scaling issues!

Maybe you can read this....as you obviously went to school.

To the OP the link is a good read to understanding UWP. If you have trouble understanding then mrmobileperformance can spoon-feed you.

This thread is about:

>>Hello everyone! I have a question! If an app is built using Microsoft's UWP, in store must say "Built for Windows 10" right?<<

The article you linked says nothing about whether UWP app must be called "Build for Windows 10" or not. instead you're going into a straw man argument about scaling issues. If you want to the topic to scaling issues why don't you start a new thread about scaling issues.

Sent from mTalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon