Looking for a graphically-pleasing game

wtf_aleks

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I've gotten a pretty good amount of games for my phone now, like Contre Jour and Angry Birds, but I want a game that has amazing graphics. Is there a game available like that, that really makes use of the S4 processor? It can be paid or free, doesn't matter.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
For me graphically these are games that range from good, great to amazing (excluding the two you mentioned already):

FastBall 2
Call of Carlos
MonsterUp (Adventure)
Chickens Can't Fly
PAC-MAN CE DX
geoDefense Swarm
Jet Car Stunts WP
Ragdoll Run
Treasure Defense
BBB: App-ocalypse
Arcane's TD

I'm a fan of free apps, so I'm sure there's many paid games that are even better in terms of graphics.

wtf_aleks

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I'm trying out Call of Carlos, Jet Car Stunts WP, BBB: App-ocalypse, and Escape from Heaven. I already own Ragdoll Run, and it does look really good! I think a lot of these games just need an update to support the higher resolution screens.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This is what I've got on my phone:

3D:
ilomilo
Mirror's Edge
Crimson Dragon: Side Story

Unfortunately, I've yet to see a 3D game running at 1280x768. I don't even think most of those games are running at 800x480. Hydro Thunder does a good job of making the phone run hot, but it's one of the lower resolution games I've seen out there. Kinectimals is probably one of the more impressive 3D games out there, to be honest. But both Mirror's Edge and Crimson Dragon are pretty good.

2D:
Little Acorns
Mush
MonsterUp

I think the 2D gmaes are more visually pleasing when you find one that runs at higher resolutions. Mush is probably being the most impressive of the three, at least from an artistic standpoint. Although, some of it's gesture based functionality in the later stages gets a bit tiresome and it makes for an easy way to drop your phone.

daverath

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

drknkboot

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
The two games from Rebellion are both free and gorgeous. They have smooth gameplay on my htc 8x as well. Unlike 99% of games on the marketplace, they actually use the full 720p screen so no black bars :). They use in-app purchases to make money, so if you like one of them support the developer and buy some upgrades.

links...

Guns 4 Hire | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Dredd vs. Zombies | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I specifically enjoy Dredd vs Zombies

wtf_aleks

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I actually really like Mush, though it was a really slow game. It looked really good, and was pretty fun. I'm trying out Dredd vs. Zombies now and a few others you guys have suggested. I do like ilomilo, but I don't want to buy it because it's never been updated and it's like $5, which I think is a little more than it's worth at this point. If there are updates coming for it and new levels, etc. then I'll consider it.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought ilomilo for €2.99 and it's fantastic. Next on my list: Gravity Guy 2, Amazing Alex, Mush, Tiki Towers, Azkend and Chimpact.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
You'd need to find a game that was made for the WP8. alot of the existing releases were for WP7 which had at best an Adreno205 GPU (weaksauce compared to the 225 in the WP8 devices). I think the Adreno 305 in the lower end WP8 devices is like a slower 225...but still faster than the 205 i believe.
And Modern combat 4 just got released, its like Call of duty for phones or something, seems like the best looking (not the most fluid) 3d title out there, and maybe Asphalt 7.

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Give The Amazing Spiderman a go. Thats quite nice to look at but can get quite jerky when theres a lot going on.
As previously mentioned, Asphalt 7 and Modern Combat 4.

All 3 games I've mentioned can be used in conjuction with a Lumia 920 as an alternative heat source.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes