Calling *ALL* MC4 players

philhachey

Banned
Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for a way to improve the multiplayer experience in modern combat 4.

I am the #1 ranked player in MC4(not bragging) and I have never played anything but team battles.

On the other platforms they use paralingo to communicate but that's not available for my Canadian 920.

So I'm thinking mabey Kik, What's app, or nokias we chat?

I don't care if your a noob(that's how we all start) I just wanna play.

If anyone has any ideas post em.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
My name is jrdatrackstar on there...add me and I'll play with you.

All I can seem to participate in is team battles as well, but the numbers have been growing at least. Use to, I would get online and be lucky to play. Now, it's nearly 7 or 8 times out of 10 that I'll end up in a healthy match.

Jeric820PH

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone check how big mc4 is? Last time I downloaded trial. When it was installing I ran out of space then the download restarted which took hours

philhachey

Banned
Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
My name is jrdatrackstar on there...add me and I'll play with you.

All I can seem to participate in is team battles as well, but the numbers have been growing at least. Use to, I would get online and be lucky to play. Now, it's nearly 7 or 8 times out of 10 that I'll end up in a healthy match.

Ok I sent a request (Mr Lachey).

Yea, the situation is improving but I'd still like to set some matches up.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I got the game when it was a Red Stripe deal and have played online a few times. Obviously, I'm a noob and it shows: I usually get killed twice as much as I kill the enemy, and I'm sure my more experienced teammates are annoyed at me so I try to hide in corners instead of going out to attack, but that's just not much fun. I think I've gotten a little better as the last two times I played my kill:death ratio was 4:5 and 5:7 (it used to be like 0:10 or 1:12). I just find the controls a little tough with FPS on small screen.

Do you have any general tips for how to get better? What are the different strategies when you're playing solo deathmatch and team deathmatch?

I have only found other people playing on team deathmach. Are any other modes popular? Even then, I've never played in a game with more than 8 people total, and usually it's like 4 people total. When are the best times to play (i.e., most players playing)?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
For me, what makes the game difficult to play is that it is too laggy and the controls aren't good. Asphalt 7 was the same way, until Gameloft released an update to lower the size of the game (and the graphics) so that it would install on all devices (and thus ran a lot smoother while still looking pretty good); I wish they would do the same for this game. They haven't released a single update for this game and I really wish they would. There are times the controls don't register my touch (could be a Nokia 920 issue, however), and the game just seems so slow and unresponsive to my touch.

philhachey

Banned
Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I haven't noticed much lag on my phone (also a 920). Maybe its a home network problem? Or proximity to gamelofts servers?

I have had button presses not register -mainly for military support. But never for shoot or grenade and definitely not for the movement.

philhachey

Banned
Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
The main problem I have is with the Xbox friend invite system.

First, I'm sure that the online friends list is not accurate to within the last couple of hours. Second, if you do get invited and are playing you get kicked back to the multiplayer selection screen.(the one where you can select either online or WiFi). Third, it seems like the invites stay in the system if someone invites you when your offline. So you then go online, and receive an invite (from god knows how long ago) and when it works you get thrown into a match, and the person who invited you may or may not still be there.

I have pretty much learned to decline invites because I know I'll get kicked from the game. And that's why I started this thread. Because we need a way to communicate outside the broke *** system.

philhachey

Banned
Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
" I'm sure my more experienced teammates are annoyed at me so I try to hide in corners instead of going out to attack"

"I just find the controls a little tough with FPS on small screen."

"Do you have any general tips for how to get better?"
"I have only found other people playing on team deathmach."

"When are the best times to play (i.e., most players playing)?"

I'll take a shot at answering these the best I can.

First off , everyone was new to this game a few months ago. So don't worry. Just go out and kill kill kill. But if you want to help out, buy the recon helicopter military support. It really helps the team.

For the playing on the small screen I suggest adjusting your HUD to suit your style. Just make sure you do it on campaign mode so you don't get killed in the meantime.

The way I got better was playing(a lot), and checking online (YouTube and such) to see how others are playing. Remember, the iPhone version came out almost a year before the WP one so there is a pretty big community out there.

I also have only seen people playing team battles. -that's why I started this thread.

The best time to play? I still haven't figured out. I think that people let their frustrations get the better of them and just quit. And that's a big shame because when you do get better (and you will) its hands down the best game on our platform.

Good luck, and don't let Mr Lachey (me) scare you off ;)

ThePharmacist01

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed a lot more people online recently, I think because the game went on offer for a while.

BTW Mr Lachey, I believe when I check our records head to head, I've earnt a lot more points then you ;) haha

philhachey

Banned
Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed a lot more people online recently, I think because the game went on offer for a while.

BTW Mr Lachey, I believe when I check our records head to head, I've earnt a lot more points then you ;) haha
Holy crap its the pharmacist01!

You're the first major player I've made contact with!

Yea there is a lot more new players lately.

Also, I hate to burst your bubble, but the leader board in the app is broken. So here's a link to the official one on the game loft website? http://www.modern-combat.net/board.php?f=w

You are currently #7 which is awesome! And your stats remind me of mine when I was around your level of matches. Around there I realized that the charbtek was killing my stats and I made the switch to the ufia and socar.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the gameplay is better after GDR3? For me, the controls seem to respond a LITTLE better, but the game seems a little more sped up, particular in the menus. Resuming the game when you hit the Start button seems to work better as well. I've noticed Ashpalt 7 runs smoother too, so it appears games in general have been sped up a bit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon