Reboots

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone with Verizon 8X had the reboot problem? Is the issue isolated to one or more specific carriers?

no. Although I've only had this for 24 hrs. Did notice the vanishing keyboard try to reply to this in the mobile browser. Had to come back to the wpcentral app.

DeathBreath

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else notice that 3 apps were updated? I don't know when the store posted it, but I saw a 3 on the store tile. The 3 apps are HTC app, attentive phone and the backup app. I wonder if this will help?

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Just a thought... We know there is an issue with the Google account syncing anything else than contacts... So maybe, those who have reboots all have a Google account as primary Microsoft account? I mean, the primary account will try to sync all... email, calender, contacts, to do list... etc. exactly what causes problems.
If yes, you should move your account to a hotmail.com / outlook.com account. If you have purchases and using a hotmail.com / outlook.com fixes the reboot problem, contact Microsoft Support and inform them about the Google issue, kindly ask that they migrate your account to the hotmail.com / outlook.com email address as Google might be (who knows) playing foul.

SO... what is your primary Microsoft account?

Magdy Samir

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
For bad luck my primary and only account is @outlook.com, and didn't even make a separate email account for it, mean I just entered it in the setup.. and so far 5 reboots in 6 days now

arterbizzle

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've already moved my @gmail.com microsoft ID to a live.com address in preparation for my 8X. Darn shipping! It needs to get here faster! But i think it's a great idea.
I'll also be turning off auto-update checks since I like doing that manually anyway.

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been tweeting with winphonesupport for the last 24 hours, informing them about the rebooting issue. I directed them to the wpcentral forums, as well as the Microsoft community forums. I informed them that I have yet to purchase a WP8 device due to what I believe is a widespread software issue. I also informed them that hundreds of people are reporting this rebooting issue...as soon as I feel comfortable that the issue is identified and can/will be rectified, I will purchase immediately. They said that they are now looking into the matter and will respond to me via twitter with their finding(s). I will pass along anything I hear, assuming there is anything to share.

DeathBreath

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to report on 3 reboots I've had today that I believe I can recreate fairly easily. This will NOT effect most people. Basically, I turned on tethering so that I could use my wifi only nexus 7 as a navigation system in my truck. I had a to make a phone call soon after and my phone reboot. After it came back up, I turned on tethering again, fiddled with a few things on my phone and another reboot. I, again turned on tethering a 3rd time after it came back up and left the phone alone so I could actually use it for tethering. 45 minutes later, I picked up the phone to check the battery and a 3rd reboot. I'm pretty sure if you turn on tethering, fiddle with the phone for a bit, it will reboot. I will, see if I can recreate it when I get some time.

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've now calmed down since yesterday when this phone was really pissing me off. Anyway, as posted previously I've got lower firmware than all you guys and still reboots. I have cancelled my rma for the time being though htc are due to call me today.

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Please could EVERYONE having reboot issues with their 8X fill in this survey?

SURVEY!

If this can be added to the original post that would be great too - time to try and quantify what the problems may be if HTC won't do it.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
You've listed the same numbers under Firmware Version and OS Version:

Also, my FW version is not there. I am on:

Firmware 1532.20.10005.206
OS 8.0.9903.10
Bootloader 0.0.1532.20(156792)

In nearly two weeks I have had one reboot and one reboot only. None before, none since.

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
You've listed the same numbers under Firmware Version and OS Version:

Also, my FW version is not there. I am on:

Firmware 1532.20.10005.206
OS 8.0.9903.10
Bootloader 0.0.1532.20(156792)

In nearly two weeks I have had one reboot and one reboot only. None before, none since.

I have added your firmware version.Sorry changed the firmware version - If the 9905 version is not followed by .10 please someone let me know. Happy to make further additions and corrections as time allows :)

If you are one of the two who completed the survey, please can you add in here the OS version and the bootloader version if it wasn't available when you did so and I will manually change it rather than you filling in again and skewing the figures?

EDIT: Also posted over on XDA.

Last edited:

jmod14

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I turned off the "Automatically download updates" setting last night, so far no reboots.

I hope it stays this way but will post an update if I do have one.

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I hate to say this but I think it is a problem of most HTC phones. I had the G2 along with 2 of my co-workers and all of us had random reboots. It use to drive me crazy. So far, I've had my 920 for a week now and haven't had a single reboot.

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Blah, just had my first one on day three of ownership. Verizon 8X, as mentioned before.

I'd do the survey, but the firmware and bootloader versions for mine (and other Verizon models) aren't listed.

Firmware 1532.20.10110.605
Bootloader 0.0.1532.20(157404)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos