Just pre ordered my unlocked Lumia 920

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Just pre ordered my unlocked lumia 920 from the store in chicago that i pre ordered my Nokia N9 from last year. They are getting in stock tommorow and i will have the phone in my hands by wednesday evening at the at latest. My total was $668 with 2 day shipping included, no tax because its being shipped from chicago to new york.

They will be getting in Black , White and Grey and probably Red. The grey will be in huge quantities i was told. I told them ship which ever color they get in first, i dont care as i like all three colors.

I have ordered from them before and they always get their hands on early stock of unlocked phones from europe. So am very confident.

Too bad AT&T! Take that!:D

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Just pre ordered my unlocked lumia 920 from the store in chicago that i pre ordered my Nokia N9 from last year. They are getting in stock tommorow and i will have the phone in my hands by wednesday evening at the at latest. My total was $668 with 2 day shipping included, no tax because its being shipped from chicago to new york.

They will be getting in Black , White and Grey and probably Red. The grey will be in huge quantities i was told. I told them ship which ever color they get in first, i dont care as i like all three colors.

I have ordered from them before and they always get their hands on early stock of unlocked phones from europe. So am very confident.

I'm paying $149 for mine. Take that unlocked buyers!

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Congrats! And yes, AT&T dropped the ball on this launch. Hopefully the rest of us can get it on the 11th.

They did and i am not prepared to wait around, my pre order price with best buy was $588 for the no contract lumia 920.

For $80 dollars more for the unlocked version , i am definitely jumping on it right away.

keizka

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
You too, eh? Good for you! Did the same earlier today, one hot red Lumia 920 coming to me on 22nd (that's the day when they release'em out into open here where I live). Though I have to pay 726 dollars in total for mine (599e).

Good times, good times...! Also, travelling too ;)

aj4pals

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

@doublesman3486- I called them and I was told the same, that they will be recieving the stock tomorrow and that it would be delivered by Friday. One question I have is whether this international factory unlocked phone will have warranty in the USA. What if I get a faulty device, or if I need to utilize warranty for any other purpose?
This is really important to me to decide on the purchase. Please let me know if any of you have info.

Thanks
Aj

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
@doublesman3486- I called them and I was told the same, that they will be recieving the stock tomorrow and that it would be delivered by Friday. One question I have is whether this international factory unlocked phone will have warranty in the USA. What if I get a faulty device, or if I need to utilize warranty for any other purpose?
This is really important to me to decide on the purchase. Please let me know if any of you have info.

Thanks
Aj

Your welcome bro, if the phone is faulty(which is very very slim possibility) the store will exchange it for you, for another one. I only ever had one case 4 years ago with them and they exchanged, rare possiblity though to get a faulty phone.

This phone is coming straight from europe from Nokia. The AT&T lumia's obviously have AT&T software loaded onto them, which makes them slightly different.

One thing i loved about my unlocked nokia N9 was that software updates were never a problem and were fast straight from nokia. I dont know how it will be with the AT&T phones though.

Mediademics

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. Just checked out the site and strongly considering this if they will in fact ship Wednesday with a Friday delivery. I looked over the specs but just to be sure this is similar to the dev unlocked phones we have see on WPC running on Tmobile right?

aj4pals

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
@doublesman3486 -

Thanks man! You reply really helps. I did chat with a Nokia representative and I was told that since the device is originally sold in UK, the warranty coverage will not be valid in USA. I was a bit skeptical after learning this, because it is an expensive device. I understand from you reply that the store would replace any faulty device, but the more probable issue is, what if something goes wrong later (without your fault)? That's why I am considering waiting till this unlocked device is officially released in the US.

Anyways, yellow is the only way I am going to get this one!

Thanks,
Aj

Mediademics

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
The $650 unlocked price isn't bad considering the off contract AT&T price is $600. Not sure if I can expect this to be cheaper once the AT&T version launches since this is listed as a preorder. I might contact this retailer tomorrow to verify if I order I will have it in my hands by Friday.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

I've never heard of them, but if they worked out before, they should work out now. I got my N8 from the Nokia Store that use to be on Michigan Ave. I got my HTC 7 Trophy from NewEgg and my Samsung Galaxy S2 from Amazon.

Do you know what country code your 920 will have? My Galaxy S2 came from Greece and whenever I get an update it goes back to the Greek language. Since their alphabet is different, it's harder to get it back to English. :D

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Looked at the site and they don't list the 1700MHz band with the 920s, so I'm assuming this won't work with TMo. Negri Electronics does list the 1700MHz band and is going to verify it when they receive their shipment.

minimalistiq

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Ouch just went up to 749, I have a contact in Chicago do you think It would be cheaper to have him buy it personally and send it to me or does the store deliver international?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon