Switched from iphone to 920

Aki11p2

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The best part of the 920, I can drag and drop any MP3 or video file straight into "My Computer" folder once I connect the USB to the phone.

I can't believe how easy and quick this is. I'm used to having to deal with itunes. Now, I can torrent or download any music, movies, or tv shows I want, and all I have to do is drag and drop them into the phone's folder. No need to worry about file format or anything. With itunes I had to convert all my movie formats to MP4. Now it doesn't matter anymore. Much more convenient and of course all the media looks great played back on the 920.

I'm guessing you could do this with windows 7.5, is this also possible on android phones?

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You want to know something even more convenient? Get the app Plex. With that you stream your movies and stuff from your computer onto your phone. So you don't need to even connect your phone to your computer. The videos get converted in real time for your phone. If you use torrents you can get an app that controls your bit torrent client from your phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
How are you dragging and dropping ? I can't seem to do it? I am on Windows 8 and my Lumia 920

Sent from my Glossy White Lumia 920 using Board Express

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
How are you dragging and dropping ? I can't seem to do it? I am on Windows 8 and my Lumia 920

Sent from my Glossy White Lumia 920 using Board Express

I just did on my laptop with windows 8, plug your phone and let it configure. once it is done open the file explorer and you should see "windows phone" under your local c drive icon. open that up an dyou should see a folder named phone and you should be abl to see your storage. then copy and paste your files in each respecitive folder like music docs vids podcast etc.

so glad drag and drop is back!

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I just did on my laptop with windows 8, plug your phone and let it configure. once it is done open the file explorer and you should see "windows phone" under your local c drive icon. open that up an dyou should see a folder named phone and you should be abl to see your storage. then copy and paste your files in each respecitive folder like music docs vids podcast etc.

Okay thank you. Will give it a try. Been using the wp8 app that's on my Lenovo w8. Didn't know about drag and drop

anon(5354375)

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
You want to know something even more convenient? Get the app Plex. With that you stream your movies and stuff from your computer onto your phone. So you don't need to even connect your phone to your computer. The videos get converted in real time for your phone. If you use torrents you can get an app that controls your bit torrent client from your phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Is there a Plex app for WP8?

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Not sure what up with mine. Its not showin windows phone under the c drive?

SofaTester

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Do any of you guys, or anyone else, download FLAC music?

I'm also coming from the iPhone, and I download all my music in FLAC (Lossless) and then convert it to ALAC (Apple Lossless) so it can be synced with my iPhone and put in iTunes and maintain it's quality.

ALAC files are .M4A, which is listed as a music playback format on the Lumia 920, so I should be good to go to transfer directly over correct?

Last edited:

tlo07

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The WP app on my laptop was super easy. I was able to sync from my iTunes library with ease. Easier for people who like to keep their playlists intact IMO.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon