Cyan Lumia 920

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I finally got my phone last night and after playing with it for a few hours I have come to the conclusion that this phone has to be the most beautiful device i have ever held in my hands... period!

It feels so good in the hand and every button is placed at the right position. I have banana hands but this device fits perfectly in my hand. Not trying to start a color war here but the cyan is gorgeous and the matte texture feels so nice. The screen is nice. It's bright and the blacks are deep but honestly, not as deep as my Dell Venue Pro. I honestly believe the color saturation on my DVP is a bit nicer. The build quality is fantastic!! There are no gaps and I'm not getting that annoying click at the top that was mentioned on here. The device feels absolutely solid. The weight is so not an issue either. Compared to my DVP, the 920 weight feels wonderful!! I love to actually feel like there's a phone in my hands and not some toy ala the SGIII or iPhone 5. :)

All in all, I am quite pleased with the device. Today will be my first full day with the device and I will be watching the battery life like a hawk.

fhumphrey04

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the same phone and I'm also really enjoying it. The matte finish looks killer, but I feel like it's a slippery device in comparison to the shiny finishes.

Have you guys noticed how dim the screen is when not viewing it straight on? Coming from a focus with an OLED screen it's definitely a big change, but it's not really a complaint just something I noticed.

brandonries

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I had the Cyan L900 and fell in love with it. I was thrilled when I went to get the 920 and they had a Cyan in stock. My brother has the red and while he loves it, I think it looks a little cheap compared to the matte finish of the Cyan.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

eallan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the same phone and I'm also really enjoying it. The matte finish looks killer, but I feel like it's a slippery device in comparison to the shiny finishes.

Have you guys noticed how dim the screen is when not viewing it straight on? Coming from a focus with an OLED screen it's definitely a big change, but it's not really a complaint just something I noticed.

The display on my matte cyan phone is actually far inferior to the display on my glossy white phone. It's far colder and more grey, there seems to be a bit of local dimming/yellowing on the right side as well.

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The display on my matte cyan phone is actually far inferior to the display on my glossy white phone. It's far colder and more grey, there seems to be a bit of local dimming/yellowing on the right side as well.

that seems odd. Perhaps your cyan is defective or screen settings between them differ.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's been 5 hours off the charger with roughly 30 min talk time, 30 texts, about 10 min internet sharing, wifi off, bt off, nfc off, location on, weather background on, Nokia Drive+ has not been installed, autobright on, 3 activesync accounts set at anytime and one pop3 set at hourly, and I'm at 69% battery left. I'm showing 8 hours left on the battery. Compared to some of the stories, I think I'm in pretty good shape considering I'm in full LTE coverage.

Yes, I am noticing this as well. You can really notice it on a white screen like in IE or when booting up on the AT&T splash screen. It's not too bad since I use the dark background and I have no other 920's to compare it to. I hope it isn't a hardware issue.

eallan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Here's a comparison of the two displays i have:

TLMAD.jpg

I know it's not that great of a pic.

Last edited:

lum1a920

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed the difference in brightness of Cyan and White versions. I don't know if I should take it to the store or get it replaced. I also saw that the Nokia extras + information had different version numbers in one of the fields.

Winfonejunkie

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I own the cyan model as well and I definitely agree that it is by far one of the most beautiful pieces of technology ever created. Plus the shiny metallic buttons on the device look phenomenal as well. I anticipate keeping this thing for a long time.

eallan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed the difference in brightness of Cyan and White versions. I don't know if I should take it to the store or get it replaced. I also saw that the Nokia extras + information had different version numbers in one of the fields.

I say take it back. My cyan display is obviously lower quality, objectively. They need to know!

glenada

Jan 7, 2004
Visit site
I finally got my phone last night and after playing with it for a few hours I have come to the conclusion that this phone has to be the most beautiful device i have ever held in my hands... period!

It feels so good in the hand and every button is placed at the right position. I have banana hands but this device fits perfectly in my hand. Not trying to start a color war here but the cyan is gorgeous and the matte texture feels so nice. The screen is nice. It's bright and the blacks are deep but honestly, not as deep as my Dell Venue Pro. I honestly believe the color saturation on my DVP is a bit nicer. The build quality is fantastic!! There are no gaps and I'm not getting that annoying click at the top that was mentioned on here. The device feels absolutely solid. The weight is so not an issue either. Compared to my DVP, the 920 weight feels wonderful!! I love to actually feel like there's a phone in my hands and not some toy ala the SGIII or iPhone 5. :)

All in all, I am quite pleased with the device. Today will be my first full day with the device and I will be watching the battery life like a hawk.

Nokia makes high-quality products. I remember how great the E71 was. It felt really solid and the calls were crystal clear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes