HTC 8X - Missing MAP Bluetooth Profile and MyFord Touch

VinceCL

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I have been enjoying my new phone. I really like the WP8 os, it is intuitive, fast, and it looks sharp. So far I have had only one problem, and that is with having MyFord Touch read aloud my text messages (and being able to send a canned response). It simply cannot do it. Every other aspect of the Bluetooth connection works: making and receiving calls, phone book connectivity with photos, caller ID with photos, and audio. Those all seem to work, just not texting. MyFord Touch just tells me that my device is not compatible with that feature. Strange thing is, my lame 2 year old LG Cosmos feature phone had this function and it worked great! I wasn't expecting to take 2 steps forward and then 1 step backward upgrading to the newest and greatest.

As far as I can tell, WP8 does not include the Bluetooth MAP profile (whereas WP7 did have this profile). This means that a number of in-car infotainment systems will no longer have the ability to read your text messages aloud or reply. I'm really disappointed that this decision was made and have posted my concerns on the Microsoft community site. This basic profile needs to be added back in, or there are going to be a lot of irritated Ford, Acura, Honda, and I don't know how many other car company owners.

Windows phones were pretty much the best for feature completeness and compatibility with MyFord Touch with WP7 in its versions. Looks like Microsoft dropped the ball and I am now hesitant to recommend this phone if MFT connectivity is a priority. I am hoping that Microsoft sees fit to add the MAP profile back in.

zampy24

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I, too, have been having the same issues with the HTC 8X and have not yet found a solution. I heard there was an update coming soon for MyFord Touch, but Sync customer service was not able to tell me if the upcoming update would address the issue.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Just a comment that while MFT very specifically claims the phone doesn't support the function, I will argue it is a bogus claim and the problem is with MFT. The reason I say this? My 8x works perfectly fine with Sync system in my F150 (read and reply to texts) but says its incompatible on our 2013 Taurus with MFT.

spoonxii

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Mine will interrupt music & read me new texts when they come in through MFT. I believe I can reply too. But I cannot generate a new text via MFT voice command.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes