Matte finish getting dirty

akiman911

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Anyone notice the paint really attracts grease from hands?

I know matte finishes are harder to clean, and I wash hands frequently, but I worry it will look like a mess very soon...as it is already showing a lot

Another issue I noticed is dust and small particles creeping into hairline crack between screen/curved outer edge... It has already accumulated small particles after a few days and I actually spent a few minutes removing a piece of lint with a needle.
I know these seem like minor issues but I don't understand why they can't seal a phone for instance, is it the curve?

All in all great phone,seems a little rushed but I love it regardless. Os is a little clunky but not too shabby considering its windows =)

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone notice the paint really attracts grease from hands?

I know matte finishes are harder to clean, and I wash hands frequently, but I worry it will look like a mess very soon...as it is already showing a lot

Another issue I noticed is dust and small particles creeping into hairline crack between screen/curved outer edge... It has already accumulated small particles after a few days and I actually spent a few minutes removing a piece of lint with a needle.
I know these seem like minor issues but I don't understand why they can't seal a phone for instance, is it the curve?

All in all great phone,seems a little rushed but I love it regardless. Os is a little clunky but not too shabby considering its windows =)

when i had my black 920, the spot on the back of the phone that i held the most would have a sort of "oil" stain on it. it's like the back of the phone is some type of suede that can collect oil from your skin. if that bothers you, you could always put a case over the phone.

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
One reason I went with the white. I was fixing my car. Had oil grease and grabbed my phone. Back was black and pretty nasty. I just wiped it off no problems. I still want to get a clear case for it though.

And the black one at the ATT store corners were "rubbed off". Can't really explain but it was a lot more gray than black.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Problem with those matte cases is eventually the matte wears off into a gloss wherever a lot of rubbing happens. Even on my Venue Pro, there's a spot in the center of the back of the case where the matte/plastic accents wore off and it's just glossy. I'm really happy with the gloss red. Just have to get used to fingerprints on a device you use solely with fingers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon