920 Power Button Now Almost Flush with Side of Phone

mcraine

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed today that my power button no longer sticks out from the side of the phone like it did. I've had the phone for about ten days. Prior to today, the volume rocker, power button, and camera button each stuck out from the body of the phone the same distance. Today the power button is almost flush with the side of the phone. It still seems to work fine. Anyone else notice this?

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine is also not the same distance out as the volume and camera buttons. However it's not loose so right now I'm not considering it as a defect.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed this EXACT thing tonight. I could have sworn it stuck out more when I first got the phone. Now my finger barely notices it on the side.

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed today that my power button no longer sticks out from the side of the phone like it did. I've had the phone for about ten days. Prior to today, the volume rocker, power button, and camera button each stuck out from the body of the phone the same distance. Today the power button is almost flush with the side of the phone. It still seems to work fine. Anyone else notice this?

Yeah i've noticed the power button is really really bad quality. Like really freaking bad.

joshingyou

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just checked mine. Although it is kind of flat since I can push it in till flush without making the click, the click still sounds and feels firm. I guess that's good enough for me.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The more you come to the forums , the more defects you are going to find in your phone. So, no matter how many times you replace the device you are going to find something. If the power button becomes an annoyance and your 14 days period pass go and communicate with Nokia for an exchange.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The more you come to the forums , the more defects you are going to find in your phone. So, no matter how many times you replace the device you are going to find something. If the power button becomes an annoyance and your 14 days period pass go and communicate with Nokia for an exchange.

Actually, nobody here referred to it as a defect. More of an observation really. Should we post our observations about the Lumia920 in a different forum, or would this Lumia920 forum be the best place for such posts?

kebnt

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this with the power button as well on the last one I had. The first two had power buttons that felt solid like the camera button but had other issues. The last one I noticed the difference in the feel of the button immediately out of the box - it felt loose.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Is not about is there is any other place to post about issues with the phone. Is about where to post them and i include myself for posting the same problem here. I think there are
some threads about bugs/defects with the phone :wink:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/203113-quick-poll-issues-your-l920-good-bad.html

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ct-checklist-new-future-lumia-920-owners.html

I wasn't referring to those posts, but just this post. No worries though. Actually, as I have posted about experiencing this as well, I dont believe it to be a defect, but I just hope that it doesn't get sunken in anymore, as its already pretty hard to just feel it with my finger and often times I find myself sliding my finger up to hit the volume button and then back down just slightly to press the power button.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't referring to those posts, but just this post. No worries though. Actually, as I have posted about experiencing this as well, I dont believe it to be a defect, but I just hope that it doesn't get sunken in anymore, as its already pretty hard to just feel it with my finger and often times I find myself sliding my finger up to hit the volume button and then back down just slightly to press the power button.

I went to AT&T store to compare with the Demo devices and all of them have the power button flushed, including the 820

avazee

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed the same thing with my phone. I've had it about a week and the power button is now 'loose'. Meaning, I can press the top and bottom of the power button and it wiggles just a bit. Kind of annoying considering the high quality of the Volume rocker and the camera button.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
All Lumia phones go through this. Both of my 900s had it and its nothing serious. It won't go in all the way, don't worry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes