Using BB Playbook wall charger with Nokia Lumia 920

emergenic

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
The stock Nokia wall charger included with the L920 takes an eternity to charge my phone, so tried using the Blackberry wall charger (1.8 amp) from my Playbook tablet...and to my surprise the phone charged up in no time, in fact it has not charged up that fast since I got the phone on the 15th of Nov.

Thinking the stock Nokia charger is under powered for the battery size of the L920, am now considering ordering a 2.1 amp car charger to alleviate the battery drain when running Nokia Drive/ Navigon.

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I use the same charger hahah, it works wonders. Never bothered with the one that came with the phone, it's still in the box.

loco4burritos

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
i too have a BB Playbook, and the first couple days decided to use its charger on my 920, but noticed the phone was getting pretty hot so stopped using it. have either of you two had this issue? i havent have any battery issues like some are reporting on here, battery seems more than fine to me, so just assumed it was the BB charger heating up the phone. maybe i'll give it another shot, but closely monitor it.

emergenic

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
The only time my phone gets noticeably hot is when NFC is on or while running navigation apps. So far so good for me but will watch it next few days to make sure.

loco4burritos

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
hmmm, ok. i have those apps turned off now, but very well may have had them on the first couple of days while using the BB charger. will try it again knowing for sure those apps arent running in the background now. thanks!

ibuyufo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been forgetting to bring the charger from work back home so I've been using the charger that came with the Samsung focus. It charges pretty fast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes