Time it takes to factory resetting

psyberjay

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
How long does it take for Lumia 920 to reset to default factory setting?
I just reset my phone through menu in setting and I see 2 gears turning round and round for over 30 minutes.
Is this normal? What do I do if it stays like this?

Lenas

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
That's not normal and honestly your phone is probably bricked now. My first factory reset took like a minute before it rebooted and worked fine. My second one (recommended by AT&T.. grrr) stalled like yours and now I'm stuck at the Nokia boot logo.

Sorry.

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
its bricked. every lumia 920 has a bug when you hard reset the phone, it gets stuck at the spinning gears and bricks. there is a thread at the top of the section that can help you fix your phone, or you can return it to store and get another one

psyberjay

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Thank you.
I was sending out my L920 to repair center to fix the vibration rattle and was gonna factory reset the phone before sending it out, so bricking is fine I guess.... So by now, all my personal files are deleted?

Beltelmel

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I do factory resets via the settings menu. The reset itself takes a couple of minutes and the Welcome screen then appears. Then it takes about fifteen or so minutes to setup and auto download my apps.

nikana

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
If your phone is stuck do a soft reset.

Ive had to hard reset my phone twice and it got stuck on the gears both times, but i just kept soft resetting and it eventually worked both times.

helloanurag

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
SOLVED!

Hi I faced the same problem. The screen having two gears stuck for 15mins then I removed the battery directly. I put the battery again and pressed Power Button+Volume Down key simultaneously. After sensing a vibration release the keys. Then the same gear screen will come up and will take 5mins to boot the phone to factory settings.
Works 100%!

Nishant Singh

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
now its two hours gone still showing the two gears moving ,how much more time it would it take to factory resetting,please help , what to do ??

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
now its two hours gone still showing the two gears moving ,how much more time it would it take to factory resetting,please help , what to do ??

It may have been bricked from the reset. This seems to be a hit or miss as when I have rest my phone it became frozen on the gears for 2 hours+ and then finally rebooted. The second time I reset it took no longer than a minute......If it doesn't eventually boot up you'll need Nokia suite and Navi firm to reinstall the firmware

Almahsery

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
about 5 min BUT when ur phone restart >
1 take of the battery
2 take of the SIM and the external memory (if u have on it)
3 put the battery
4 switch it on and it will finish and restart by it self

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes