Nokia 920 and UConnect success

smartvoyager

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I just wanted to post a good message about the bluetooth. I have a 2011 Dodge Charger with UConnect. This is the new Garmin based system. The phone works flawlessly. It connects automatically and paired without issue. I am also able to respond to text messages with my voice. It always stays connected and has no issues. I am very happy.

I think it has to do with the new version of UConnect in the Garmin system.

Just wanted to let people know my experience.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Does it play your ringer over the connection? I swear I had this working in my car once, and it did with my old WM6.1 device too.

GQUINT194

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2012 Dodge Durango with Uconnect and Garmin (430N or RHB) and my Lumia 920 NEVER connects automatically via Bluetooth. I have to connect manually when I get in my car. It pairs fine and I actually deleted it and paired it again to see if that would help but no dice. Any idea why that might be? I also used to be able to hear my text messages and respond in my 2010 Chevy Equinox Bluetooth system with my Focus S WP7.5. Not anymore. Is there a setting I might not have switched on with the Lumia? It's been very frustrating and don't understand why WP8 would not have a feature that WP7 or 7.5 had. Please help (anyone)!

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There is a setting under speech called "Read aloud incoming text messages" which some have had to change to "Bluetooth and headsets" in order to get to work. I have an 8X and have had no issues with it automatically connecting to the UConnect system in my 2012 Wrangler.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes