Phone Sreen Mark/Scratch - Help

eXiilez

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
So about a day or two after getting my lumia 920 I noticed this type of sratch. The image is worse because you can barely see the scratch unless you're in certain lighting conditions or if you angle the phone in a specific way. You can't even feel the scratch there and you cant even see it while the sreen is on. But it's annoying me because I know the scratch is there and it's brand new. I don't even know how it got there and it hasn't even been dropped.. So I was wondering if there is anything that can be done about it or if there's even a way to buff it out somehow.

Thanks.

Attachments

• WP_20121208_009.jpg
    WP_20121208_009.jpg
    561.8 KB · Views: 6

Dex Da Rex

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Did you buy it like that? I would return it as soon as possible since you cant really fix that plus I am sure it is annoying. I had a tiny scratch or two on mine before putting on a screen protector and even those small ones bugged me when looking at it in a certain light.

ColeHarris

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it, your phone is going to get scratched, its just an inevitable fact of life. If it really bothers you I guess you could return it and put a screen protector on the replacement the second you get it but I personally wouldn't bother.

wpta

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Im pretty disappointed with the phone in this regard. My zune hd that I had since launch has fallen from my lap to the ground while getting out of my car 5-10 times and to this day there is no notable scratches. That happened once with my 920 and there were several deep scratches.
Again I was at work just spinning my phone on my clean smooth desk and there appeared scratches in a swirl pattern, it took absolutely nothing!
Ive seen the video like everyone else with the knife, but this phone really doesn't like the fine sandy stuff.

Anyway I'd say just grab a screen protector and hopefully you won't be able to notice it and avoid new ones.

eXiilez

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Well when I got my phone I didnt get the extra warranty because it was an extra $20 on my bill. Plus I also got my phone in another state here in australia. Not sure if it matters. But just knowing the scratch is there bothers me

eXiilez

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm amazed people are returning their phone because THEY scratched the screen, try buying a car and returning it because you scratched it. :/

Haha, you have no idea mate. gtfo. It's easier to fix a scratch on your car, you don't need to take it back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon