Update for windows phone 8 is out

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
So, while we here in sweden on carrier "3" waiting for this update can any of you lycky guys take some pictures of people and tell is it better than before. Please both daylight and "party" people, with and without flash. How skin looks, still like plastic or better?
Thanks in advance.

iskoisko

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
battery life on portico is awesome! i usually get about 10% left the next day when i have about 60% left before i go to bed. now, i had about 40% left and that's with wifi always on. i'm watching slingbox on my phone right now for about 1.5 hrs and i still have about 15%. fyi, i updated to portico yesterday morning manually because i couldn't wait.

dougolupski

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
If it hasnt been posted yet you need to go to the "ADVANCED" tab under Wifi in settings. Check the keep wifi alive after timeout to keep it going.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
do programs like words with friends seem more stable on portico? or does it still randomly crash and take forever to load which is the app's problem?

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to view the full change log on the Windows Phone site? I know that you used to be able to do it through WindowsPhone.com for Windows 7 and at the end of my phone's update process today, it said that you could view the update history on WindowsPhone.com, but I can't seem to find it anywhere there.

brianLTE

May 30, 2012
Visit site
LOL at people saying there's zero improvement. I think some people are expecting the L920 camera to reach DSLR level one day.
It's a PHONE CAMERA for God's sake xD

No one will be 100% happy with anything.

I personally loved the camera pre-update. Anything was better than my 900 :p

This is just icing on the cake!

Lyme

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I did, and am updating. I'm on Koodo.

The update went fine (took a while).
OS version: 8.0.10211.204
Firmware revision number: 1232.5951.1249.0001
Hardware revision number: 1.0.0.0
Radio software version: 1.0.202075.3
Chip SOC version: 8960

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to view the full change log on the Windows Phone site? I know that you used to be able to do it through WindowsPhone.com for Windows 7 and at the end of my phone's update process today, it said that you could view the update history on WindowsPhone.com, but I can't seem to find it anywhere there.

from nokia at the following:
Nokia Lumia 920 Overview - Nokia - USA

[h=2]What?s new[/h]The availability of this update may depend on your network service provider.
Latest software release for Nokia Lumia 920 is SW 1232.5951.1249.0001

• More efficient Messaging, allowing you to save draft messages, edit forwarded multimedia messages, select multiple recipients at once, and respond to a call with a text message
  • Improved performance, audio quality, and connection stability for Bluetooth
  • Improved battery level metering
  • Improved stability, speed, and functionality for the camera
  • Can now better control data costs: you can prevent automatic fallback from a Wi-Fi network to a mobile data network and keep Wi-Fi always on to off-load network usage to Wi-Fi
  • Performance and stability improvements

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Awesome! Thanks. The Bluetooth fix is what I was hoping for. I can't wait to test it out in my Grand Cherokee where my Bluetooth had only been connecting 50% of the time and always locked up my phone temporarily.

Saint Michael

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
For us second class citizens of the world (everyone who's not American) is there anyway to flash to the updated version? I'd sell my soul for the camera improvements befor new years eve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2