Stopwatch App causing crazy battery drain

generalsu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I am using Stopwatch from Voltsoft.

This app is causing excessive battery drain from 100% to 77% after running it for 45 mins. Is that suppose to happen with NL920?

I noticed the same behavior with other Stopwatch apps.

xenoglyph

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If it's a brand new phone I'd say it's normal. After a few days battery will be broken in a bit and the battery meter will be properly calibrated.

Otherwise I'd have to say no, there isn't anything unique with the 920's architecture that should make stopwatch apps suck. Probably lazy coder created an easy to design but resource intensive gui.

Does this stopwatch display millisecond resolution? If so, that app could potentially be attempting to render 1000fps, there's probably a lot of ways to make bad decisions when designing the app.

generalsu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If it's a brand new phone I'd say it's normal. After a few days battery will be broken in a bit and the battery meter will be properly calibrated.

Otherwise I'd have to say no, there isn't anything unique with the 920's architecture that should make stopwatch apps suck. Probably lazy coder created an easy to design but resource intensive gui.

Does this stopwatch display millisecond resolution? If so, that app could potentially be attempting to render 1000fps, there's probably a lot of ways to make bad decisions when designing the app.

Yes it does display millisecond resolution.

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Amazing... The Apollo spacecraft that went to the moon and back managed to do so with computing power that couldn't come close what it takes to render the screen on your 920 (much less anything else on the phone).. and now we are supposed to believe that multiple stopwatch apps.. quite possibly the most simple app you can build other than the flashlight app.. is causing battery drain...because it is rendering.... milliseconds. lol

and ya, i hear what you are saying xeno about rendering 1000fps, but I doubt that is the case and certainly isn't the case on multiple stopwatch apps.

If you are saying you only see this "battery drain" on stopwatch apps, I call BS... not even worthy of a "take your phone back" comment.

generalsu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Amazing... The Apollo spacecraft that went to the moon and back managed to do so with computing power that couldn't come close what it takes to render the screen on your 920 (much less anything else on the phone).. and now we are supposed to believe that multiple stopwatch apps.. quite possibly the most simple app you can build other than the flashlight app.. is causing battery drain...because it is rendering.... milliseconds. lol

and ya, i hear what you are saying xeno about rendering 1000fps, but I doubt that is the case and certainly isn't the case on multiple stopwatch apps.

If you are saying you only see this "battery drain" on stopwatch apps, I call BS... not even worthy of a "take your phone back" comment.

Why don't you try it on your own and see the results instead of calling it BS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon