High Contrast Mode

fluffy014

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Does the high contrast mode, located under the ease of access settings, use up more battery than a normal theme? After the update, my battery life seemed to have improved, but then again, that was only based on a couple of hours. I changed to high contrast mode the same night because I'm a sucker for the black and white themed lay out. lol
So does it really drain more battery?

fluffy014

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
i dont know. I havent done anything differnt to my phone other than change it to high contrast mode.
The battery got worse since that. I dont know if it was the update that made the battery worse or the change in settings.

strikexx

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Well in theory, more white means more pixels that have to be lit so your screen uses more battery.

But of course this has to be put in perspective and might have no noticable effect on your battery life.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
And that's true on an AMOLED screen - the 920 has an LCD. Doesn't matter how much white is on there. That's why you don't get the "warning" message about battery life on the 920 like you did on the 900 when you switch to the light theme.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes