Stream Music from Seagate Goflex Satellite (wifi) Hard Drive

Leighjt

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi all... I'm new here and doing a lot of research before taking the plunge with a 920

My main concern at the moment is that i have all of my media (music/movies) on a Segate GoFlex Satellite WiFi hard drive. I currently use the app that seagate provide for my iPad.
I have been doing some digging but cannot seem to find if i the 920 would be able to play the media that i have on this device. I cannot be bothered to sync my music etc as i don't want to have to compromise on what i want to watch/listen.... carrying a 500Gb drive with me when i travel means i don't have to.

Would the Nokia Music App be able to see this device via the WiFi... if not, which app would?

Any ideas... much appreciated

At the beach

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 and am interested in getting the Goflex Satellite as a backup for my home network. I have the same question as the OP, does anyone know whether the 920 will sync with it?

Thanks!

Seismo

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I haven't found a suitable app capable of DLNA streaming on WP8.
On my iPhone I used Plug Player to stream from my NAS Media server and it worked great. The closest thing I've found on WP8 is "Linada." It's... Not great.You have to add your songs to a playlist, then go to the playlist to start playing your music. I resorted to just installing Plex on my home PC, adding my music library to it and using the Plex app for WP8. It works well.

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 and am interested in getting the Goflex Satellite as a backup for my home network. I have the same question as the OP, does anyone know whether the 920 will sync with it?

Thanks!

Are you wanting to be able to copy files TO the Seagate Goflex? If so that is not possible...

Personally I only use my Goflex for Movies and Music Videos so I can't readily test playing streaming music from the GFS to a Windows Phone; however I can say that using the browser to access the drive vs using the iOS App is really horrible IMHO - I keep running into a lot of page load errors etc. :(

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2