need screen time out = never, or browser with background tasks permission to stream grooveshark.com

dahangman

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Grooveshark.com streaming music service at html5.grooveshark.com (beta) seems good as a free music streaming service for Windows phones.
However, it stops playing the music queue after the lock screen setting has expired. Max is 5 minutes in my HTC8.

So, to make this work, there needs to be:
1) an app perhaps that allows the screen to be kept alive longer than 5 minutes (like screebl on Android which watches for accelerometer positions),
2) allows background music to play longer than 5 minutes,
3) a browser created just for music streaming which has hooks/permissions for background tasks (keep alive) permissions,
4) an app that gives permission to IE10 to background task (optionally, with on/off switch would be good)
or
5) ? Please enter your suggestions as replies to this post. I'm totally open to suggestions. I just want to be able to play a queue while on a treadmill. Bonus points for someone that can figure out how to do this and have the lock screen on thereby ignoring touch screen input (so I could put my phone in my pocket and stream grooveshark.com)

I'm also open to other music streaming option suggestions. I like the format where I can queue my choice of music as opposed to a Pandora type of "here's what we permit you to listen to" type music streaming service.

Thanks for any and all input,
Matt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234