Good Battery Life (Awesome standby times) ...Really happy.

Mr37

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I had the same mediocre battery life with my lumia 902 like a lot of people are mad about. Well after 2,3 full drain and recharge I have seen a lot of improvement.

wp_ss_20130105_0001.pngwp_ss_20130106_0001.png

Now You guys can see that my stand-by time is really good. Two weeks ago the charge drop was about 3,4 times as much, like 10-15% drop in about 9 hours. The second screen capture shows the battery usage with little use, like 4,5 (3-5 min) voice calls, 6,7 Skype calls, 50-60 KiK messages. 20-30 min of WPcentral app browsing and I think that's about it. NO Background tasks.

I am not totally sold on the Idea of wireless charging, so the phone only gets a wired charger. I think two different ways of charging the phone can mess up the battery calibration.Just my personal thought.
so this is what I do...
  • I try my best to not the charge go less than 30%.
  • I charge my phone before bedtime and as soon as it reaches 95-100% I plug it out.
  • Restart my phone after it's fully charge. I think this is important for a great stand by time.

Just wanted to share that I am happy with my phones battery life.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Great battery life. Rebooting after recharge is probably a good suggestion to keep the software in clean state. I never rebooted my WP7 phone in the past but I've accepted that WP8 (or just L920) may be a bit different in that regard.

Are you running LTE?

Mr37

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
cool btw what version of ROM u useing now ?

I have Portico update installed.

Great battery life. Rebooting after recharge is probably a good suggestion to keep the software in clean state. I never rebooted my WP7 phone in the past but I've accepted that WP8 (or just L920) may be a bit different in that regard.

Are you running LTE?

Yes rebooting helped me a lot and No LTE here sadly.

Mr37

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
do you just not use your phone?

Dude I just mentioned in my first post ... little use, KiK, Skype, Calls and little browsing. But I forgot to mention that when I was using what's app it was draining the **** out the battery.

ololmarc

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
i don't know if youre being really conservative of your battery and always thinking about it, but personally speaking, if i were to live like that with BARE MINIMUM usage of my phone, i would be bored out of my skull at work or on transit. no background apps is a huge buzzkill for me despite the outstanding battery life youre getting.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I just spent 2 weeks in an LTE area and my battery life sucked in comparison to what I've experienced in the 4G area where I reside. It felt like something was sucking the life out of my battery even when I wasn't using the phone. I was out watching playoff games Saturday night, and with the battery saver set to Always, my battery life was dropping a percent or two every few minutes. The only thing I was doing was checking my battery life. I'm now back home, my phone was taken off the charger around 6-7 hours ago, and I'm showing 96% charge left.

I want to say I remember reading something technical about how AT&T implemented LTE that impacted battery life, but I was quite shocked at the dramatic difference in comparison to 4G.

What is the difference between LTE & 4G? I guess I was maybe under the impression they were the same thing, but apparently not.

Mr37

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
i don't know if youre being really conservative of your battery and always thinking about it, but personally speaking, if i were to live like that with BARE MINIMUM usage of my phone, i would be bored out of my skull at work or on transit. no background apps is a huge buzzkill for me despite the outstanding battery life youre getting.

True MINIMUM usage is not what anyone want but I am positive that I would get about 24 hours with moderate usage. As far as background apps go, I don't mind having just taping into tiles and looking for new articles, weather etc etc ... I think I only have location on and that's about it.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I just spent 2 weeks in an LTE area and my battery life sucked in comparison to what I've experienced in the 4G area where I reside. It felt like something was sucking the life out of my battery even when I wasn't using the phone. I was out watching playoff games Saturday night, and with the battery saver set to Always, my battery life was dropping a percent or two every few minutes. The only thing I was doing was checking my battery life. I'm now back home, my phone was taken off the charger around 6-7 hours ago, and I'm showing 96% charge left.

I want to say I remember reading something technical about how AT&T implemented LTE that impacted battery life, but I was quite shocked at the dramatic difference in comparison to 4G.

What is the difference between LTE & 4G? I guess I was maybe under the impression they were the same thing, but apparently not.

AT&T calls 3G+HSDPA as 4G. In some other parts of world, 4G means LTE. LTE is known to consume more battey in general. Don't know if AT&T's LTE consumes even more battery. It's possible. People comparing battery life should keep in mind that the network configuration (3G vs 4G, carrier A vs carrier B, city to city) and signal strength (e.g. one spot to another in your home) can have a great impact, especially on standby time.

Onyeka Nwankwo1

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
The last couple days i've been having exceptional battery life as well. This is with everything on; LTE, WIFI (but with wifi set to deactivate with sleeping) Bluetooth, NFC, Tap and send,location services, 2 push email accounts and one to sync every 15 minutes. Although with admittedly milder than usual use. The 1st day, 10-15 text messages, 1 hour of streaming music over bluetooth, and checking through weave a few times, the second day with a few phone calls, weave and rowi checking.

On days with heavy usage, i get at least 15-18 hours and moderate usuage around 30. Now before people start exchanging their phones, this is a phone that once drained from full in 6 hours. The battery drain is not NOT a hardware issue.

The time remaining is super high because it took these screenshots after waking up with my phone having been entirely idle for 8 hours or so.

wp_ss_20130103_0001.png wp_ss_20130107_0001.png

Azzid

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has been pretty good as well, I get about a full day of battery with moderate usage, plus I go to a school that uses passive radio blocking material in the walls so my phone is always straining for a signal.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have always gotten decent battery life on my Lumia (purchased on launch weekend in US), after the first several recharge cycles, getting a whole day, unless I had excessive usage in a day or used GPS for extended amount of time while driving. I do not know what has updated this week, but my battery performance has gotten significantly better. I have gone to bed this week with between 30% and 60% charge still on the phone after a long day. I update my apps all the time, and have not deleted any apps, so I have to believe that some update(s) have caused the improvement. I do block background operation for most apps. Granted I am not a heavy user, but my battery performance seems to be better than my Samsung Focus, and I was happy with the battery life on that phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon