Embarassing Retail Presence - Looking at you Future Shop

Ben Lehtovaara

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So I was in my local Future Shop the other day and went to have a look at the Lumia 920's. When I finally found the black one (only one available in Canada) amongst the other years old $0 phones on the back corner of the farthest table I noticed that the Lumia 920 was placed right beside the Lumia 900 such that it would be tough for the average consumer to see the difference, especially because they are both $0. On looking closer, I realized that perhaps telling the difference was hard for future shop employees as well as both phones had the same Lumia 900 label despite being obviously different phones. I brought this up with the associate and she didn't know what phone I was talking about.

Ya know, I'd like to brush this off an an isolated incident but this happens EVERYWHERE in Canada. No one gives a crap about WP8. If they would put a live Lumia 920 beside the iPhone 5 and SGS3 it would really turn heads. Even Nokia Canada doesn't seem to give a crap about marketting. I called Nokia Support and their toll-free number picks up with an advertisement for the "Brand New Nokia Lumia 710 Smart Phone running Windows Phone 7.5." Seriously....

I was so upset with this that I tried to shoot a random email towards Stephen Elop. To my surprise, I actually got through to him. He seemed a little shocked with my feedback and said he would forward it to his leadership team : )

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Nokia/Microsoft really dropped the ball on marketing / educating retailers.... Even they're own employees don't know about certain things...

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
When your sixth sentence isn't true anymore...

Its a catch22, the market is tough to break into for a newbie.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I hear a lot of conversations that go like this in Canada.

Person A: What about this phone?
Person B: That runs Windows though.
Person A: Oh! I don't want Windows.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2