Cracked my 8x screen in 18 hours

jabz9

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Had this phone literally less than a day and it cracked, I don't think Gorilla Glass isn't as tough as I thought.

I was playing music on it while it was face down(not near the edge) and I guess while it playing maybe it rattled towards the edge and fell like 5'4 feet from the ground and cracked from top to bottom and side to to.

I'm getting a new one on Monday. Is there any accessories you guys recommend?

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the HTC Double Hard Case and so far I am loving it. However it will not protect your screen at all. Check this:

As for the screen protector I've bought a $1 one. HTC's Screen Protector is about $20 in my country...

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I want to sound sympathetic but I'm not at all surprised the screen cracked. The 8x is a beautiful, elegant and incredible piece of engineering. It's much lighter and more sculpted than my previous phone (HTC HD7) but at the same time, it's slightly more fragile. I've decided not to get a case because anything that sits around of the 8x's shell will spoil and mask its true beauty IMHO. The price for that is keeping it safe.

The screen is excellent and indeed a revelation over my old HD7 but it's certainly not bomb proof. What the Gorilla glass is good at is protecting from scuffs and scratches that are the result of general wear and tear. The odd bump will be resisted but you have to appreciate, it's still very thin glass. I ordered screen protectors when I got the phone but I've still not applied one yet - the glass is that resistant to scratching. Drops from a great height have little chance of survival.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon