How Often Do You Restart Your Lumia 920?

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
My phone was at 83%, so I shut it down an turned it on and it went to 76%, so I did a soft reset and it went to 91%. So soft reset does help to stop whatever is draining battery because in 3 hrs idle it should never do that. Its always after a full charge that I have to restart. Hate this bug

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
No I did read the whole thred, I just dont see the point by restarting. Had mine for some 4 weeks now without reboot ;)
hey can u try charging it full and then leaving it off charger and see how much it drains? And then in the morning do a soft reset and ser if battery will jump back up. Thanks, I wanna see if its software or what

mitixx

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I normally restart my L920 once or twice a week. I had a few problems of fast discharging during the night in a couple of occasions (like 70-80%) also if i always close all the apps opened in the background/multitasking and it was in airplane mode.
It was strange since normally it can drain of max 3%, but I had the same episodes on my previous iPhone, and not only when it got a little older! Apart from a couple of apps which made it freeze I never noticed any particular slowdown also after a week w/o restart.

Scapester

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I restart daily to get an accurate reading on battery life. Go into settings and look at the percentage of charge reported by "batter saver". Now reboot your phone and go look at the percentage again and you will notice it changes. For me it typically reports anywhere from 10-15% more battery charge than it did before the restart. I did this experiment with a friends Nokia 920 and had similar results. Not sure if its a battery issue or WP issue.

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I restart daily to get an accurate reading on battery life. Go into settings and look at the percentage of charge reported by "batter saver". Now reboot your phone and go look at the percentage again and you will notice it changes. For me it typically reports anywhere from 10-15% more battery charge than it did before the restart. I did this experiment with a friends Nokia 920 and had similar results. Not sure if its a battery issue or WP issue.

thank god I'm not by myself on this one, thought I was going crazy, battery jumps like crazy after soft reset

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon