restoring backups to another 920

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I finally got Nokia to replace my 920 with another :grin:
Now I have found the catch to that situation, I cant restore my backup.
Is there a way to restore my txts etc to my new 920 or is my old backup now useless?

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I think the issue is that WP online now sees me as having two phones, so I cant seem to restore my old backup to my replacement device. I thought it was linked to my account, but it would seem like it is linked to the phone, not my login?
Is there a way around this?

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Is the old phone still in your possession? If so, Nokia has an app called "Transfer My Data". It is reported to transfer text messages and other stuff.

Not sure about any work-arounds. Maybe, delete your profile from the other phone, or unlink the device from your account?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have restored a backup to a different 920 when I replaced my Wifes phone. So I know it works and brings apps and accounts back.

We had a minor issue because her backup was post Portico, so we found it worked best if we updated the phone firmware to Portico and then did a wipe on the phone which then prompted to do the restore again.

With the right firmware it worked other than a few downloads failed to install (system updates I think), which were easy to remove from the Downloading list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac