*Frustrated* Thinking of switching to a Galaxy S3 or another Android phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatboy66

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I know alot of people on this site will think I'm crazy and say: What the **** man, the GS3 is made of cheap plastic,Touch Wiz is ugly and Android is boring!!

First I want to say that I always supported Windows Phone and even before with Windows Mobile. I had several HTC devices and the wp7 device I kept for the longest time was the Samsung Focus which was pretty amazing at the time of it's release. Then for an entire year, I endured all the frustration of not having the latest popular apps, local apps from my city and all the top games on iOS and Android but enjoyed the Super Amoled screen, Zune experience and Windows phone.

I recently purchased a black Nokia Lumia 920, I think it was more to really show my support to Nokia and Microsoft because Nokia had financial problems even though they made absolutely gorgeous devices (L800 and L900) and this was crazy to me.

I bought the phone for the camera, High-res screen and fast processor and also in a way to promote it to the people around me so they know that yeah WP8 exist! But after 2 months of using it, the app gap is so frustating and I know Microsoft can't do a thing about it. Now I understand why hardcore iPhone 5 users or Android users can never get used to a WP8 device and completely switch. The support from devs in iOS and Android is so big, they have everything. Getting a WP8 device is really a big compromise and I'm thinking about switching to the dark side soon (google).

I will never buy an iPhone because I feel like a ******* baby using this phone with the little home button and there is almost no customization with that OS because Apple dictates how you should use your phone. Also the screen is way too small now.

The GS3 is a HUGE compromise in terms of build quality of course compared to the Lumia 920 but the SD card slot and removable battery is a BIG plus. It is kind of comfortable in the hands the way they designed it and they have all the apps I need, the screen is pretty nice and it has LTE.

Did you people ever think about switching ?

jd3seatown

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Funny, I switched FROM a GS3 to a Lumia 920 for several reasons:
  • I love WP8. I also have a Nexus 7 and love Ice Cream Sandwich, but WP8 is more "me". I guess that means I'm fluid and very square...
  • The camera on the 920 is insane. The GS3 camera is good, no doubt, but I haven't taken a bad shot on the 920 yet.
  • Holy crap, hot plastic back! The GS3 heats up like mad - even more than the 920.
  • The battery life on the GS3 is pretty minimal for my needs and I'm not even a power user. I just used the calendar, camera, e-mail (of course) and gamed a tiny bit (Angry Birds) and my battery was nearly drained daily.
  • The GS3 is light and thin, but I had a Titan and grew accustomed to the weight of a well-constructed phone (read: heavy). You'll need an extended battery to even come close to the bulk of the 920.
  • Microsoft integration with Windows 8 and Office 2013 & SkyDrive is smooth and, to me, well worth it.

I don't know - I'm definitely not one of the cool kids, so I don't need that many apps. Honestly, the only apps I miss are Google Calendar and Google Now (Microsoft - Google Now = game changer. Try to duplicate this for Windows Phone!).

Whatever your decision, may I make one small suggestion: get a Note II if you switch back to Android. You can't go too far from wrong with a quad-core phone.

Best of luck to you!

jd3

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
"Did you people ever think about switching ?"

Nope. If you want more apps right now, then absolutely switch. A lack of games or some flash in the pan trendy app is not enough for me to want to switch. Win8 has all the important apps I need. The last thing I need is 600,000 useless apps to cipher through to find one good app. I know some people cannot fathom the thought of missing out on an app, even if it doesn't improve their production one iota. But hey, that's why there's android. So people can have 1,000,000 (most of them useless) apps. The number of windows apps grow every day. I personally could not care less since most of those are useless too.

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I only like 4 things about Lumia 920 but they are all HUGE like: Camera, Screen, Nokia Drive and Metro UI.
But I hate only 3 things:

1. I felt betrayed by Nokia when my unlocked Lumia 920 got update month after carrier lock phone.
2. When I have problem with my iPhone hardware, I show it to the staff, I got the referbish unit back instantly, no need to wait. Why can't others do this too?
3. Email is important to me. why cant it be perfected? (1 outlook account 2 aliases can not work properly on linked inbox, This is fail!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes