8X Battery Life Much Better After Verizon Update!

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
After getting the update yesterday evening on my Verizon 8X, I have had greatly increased battery life today. Right now at 5:15 p.m. I still have 83% battery left and my phone has been off the charger since 6:30 a.m. I have been at work today, as I am every week day, and my usage has been similar to most weekdays. (Moderate texting, a couple of calls, checking social media and emails a few times.) Normally I have around 65% battery at this time of day. So that is a big improvement! Not that it was bad to begin with. And I do think uninstalling the HTC app a few days ago made a small difference as well, but not this much!

Haven't had any rebooting issues either. :love:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully I'll see some battery life improvement. I updated last night, but I haven't really used the phone much today to see if battery life is improved.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Mine is really good as well. I had 23 hours of off-charger time with my phone. And even when I plugged in my phone to charger for the night, I still had 23% left! HTC app still installed and running live, as well as many other tiles.

DKJr

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I think I agree too. I updated mine yesterday and removed it off charge about 12hrs ago and battery indicator is at 65%. Usage pattern has been normal all day compared to before: intermittent checking of emails, facebook, Whatsapp and a couple of news/rssfeed apps mins. Hope this is really true because normally by this time phone is at 20 to 25% & looking to recharge. If true, then this is totally impressive!!!

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I unplugged mine 15 hours ago and I'm at 30%. :(
Light usage too and mostly on WiFi. I'm draining the battery right now and hopefully it'll improve.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I keep a very minimalist install on all my phones (few apps, no xbox music or games sync, no Bluetooth, nfc, etc.) and I usually get really good battery life. I live in a 1 to 2 bar area, so the LTE drains it pretty quickly when I'm at home leaving me with usually just over 24 hours on a charge.

I installed Portico two days ago, then did a full factory reset and recharged it, I'm now on 1 day 15 hours with 33% left, and that's with heavier than normal use because I want to look for new bug fixes and stuff and I had to re-download a lot of apps.

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I keep a very minimalist install on all my phones (few apps, no xbox music or games sync, no Bluetooth, nfc, etc.) and I usually get really good battery life. I live in a 1 to 2 bar area, so the LTE drains it pretty quickly when I'm at home leaving me with usually just over 24 hours on a charge.

I installed Portico two days ago, then did a full factory reset and recharged it, I'm now on 1 day 15 hours with 33% left, and that's with heavier than normal use because I want to look for new bug fixes and stuff and I had to re-download a lot of apps.

Wow! That's great!!

I wonder why some get such different results. Is it the network area we are in? Our SIM cards? Flaws, or not, in a particular device? It has seemed to be this way with every phone I've had. Sometimes mine is great and someone else with the same device has tons of issues, and sometimes the other way around. Is it just the "luck of the draw" so to speak, that we don't get a lemon?

So far, almost 2 months in, this phone has been great for me. And usually if I'm going to have trouble with a phone it shows up pretty quickly. I have only had 2 phones that have been absolutely awful for me - one was a Motorola Krazr back in the day, and the other was the Galaxy Nexus I had right before my 8X. And again, a lot of people had great experiences with those phones. (And still do with the GNex)

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is pretty ridiculous right now, after the update. Still on my initial full charge after the update, its around 1am Pacific time abe I removed it from the charger at 8am or so this morning. I really hope it stays just like this. Oh, I'm at 29%. So its drained quite a bit but that's over 17hrs with lots of music, web browsing, several phone calls and plenty of texts.

Last edited:

Workbook89

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same experience at the OP. I installed Portico and uninstalled the HTC app (a suggestion made in another thread). I took it off the charger about 20 hours ago, and even with moderate use, I still have 47% left. Live tiles seem to be upddating as expected. I was pretty pleased with the battery life before the changes, but I am really happy now!

Torch4x4

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that, my battery life is much better with portico, before the update the battery went down to 65-70% in a few hours, now is 85% or more in the same time...

txDrum

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I can also vouch for this... charged 12 hours ago, still on 70%. Light usage, some web browsing and such. It's definitely improved.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My battery life was really good anyway, even with playing a few games (accept Mush that killed my battery after playing for 10 min), It can only get better.....Is this Portico or another update ? Can anyone confirm ? Downloading it now...

To note, my home gets full LTE coverage(5 bars everywhere) and my work has strong (4-5 bars) 3G, so maybe that is why my battery is good....??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar