Facebook App & Browser Check-in Errors

mrmul8r

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
The official Win 8 Facebook app is driving me nuts... it takes ages (hours) to post my location after I check in!! This app sucks generally IMHO.

Also, when I try and use facebook.com via the browser (or any other third party facebook app) I just get an error message saying "There was an error detecting your location..." when trying to check-in?

Location services is enabled in settings and maps are working. It's just anything to do with facebook and checking that doesn't work properly.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks.

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I tried to upload a pic to facebook a few minutes ago and I kept getting an error. Could just be FB.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
WP8 has a fantastic SNS integration - FB, Twitter, LinkedIn... I really don't see the point of even having a social network app on the phone. The one that is built into the system works perfectly. It is fast, it is acurate, u can do everything from it and doesn't waste any resources. So why in the **** would some1 use an app for FB or any other social network? Also, why on Earth did any1 bother to make such an app?

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
try updating your location from the people hub, using your Me tile.
also, facebook.com fails because you disallowed internet explorer's access to location, which is generally recommended as you don't want random websites knowing your coordinates which may be dangerous.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
WP8 has a fantastic SNS integration - FB, Twitter, LinkedIn... I really don't see the point of even having a social network app on the phone. The one that is built into the system works perfectly. It is fast, it is acurate, u can do everything from it and doesn't waste any resources. So why in the **** would some1 use an app for FB or any other social network? Also, why on Earth did any1 bother to make such an app?

Would love to see you check in from the People Hub.

You CANNOT do everything from the built in people hub that you can do on facebook. It's good but it needs some work.

How's that checking in going from the people hub?

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Checking in from Me Tile, but I do that around twice a year :D I simply do not want any1 to know where I am, I am a bit paranoid :D

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The Check in with the people hub works but not all function. You cannot add contacts with you to check in and also you can't actually add your own place you can only choose to add with what you search.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786