Lumia 820 Indian Corner

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
what do you mean?
Once 4G is launched in India. Will I be able to use it by my existing 820 or I'll have to find another phone to use that?

The 4G bands that Lumia 820 supports are not supported by our country carriers so you will not be able to enjoy 4G on your Lumia.
You will have to purchase new phone when 4G launches in India.
Hope it helps and feel free to ask.

DrYogesh

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a gifted at&t branded, but unlocked 820, I am looking at changing the firmware to either Indian version or Global variant, can someone help me with this?

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hmm I am owner of lumia 820.but I regret purchasing it even my low end android lava performs better compared in terms of battery life.the moment I switch my data on lumia 820 drains with continuous browsing of just 3 hers from 100%.the camera quality after black has bcum worse that am not taking any photos indoor or low light bcoz of green tinge.nd also am using my low end 512 mob droid more that too a brand like lava iris 458q .lumia 820 also becomes hot with playing games or browsing.hmm my next device would be definitely not nokia.nokia has lost in the world.but I haV to admit wp is is gr8 os no complaints.android lags but at least it gives gud battery life if not installing many apps.but nokia lumia is waste I paid almost 22000 for this phone now am regretting my decision.another think to mention is wp central app in android is superb compared to paid up app in wp 8.hmm that tells why android has become no. 1 os in the world.guys what is your opinion about nokia lumia 820.be honest guys let's share the rants here.

Sent from my iris458Q using WPCentral Forums mobile app

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hmm I am owner of lumia 820.but I regret purchasing it even my low end android lava performs better compared in terms of battery life.the moment I switch my data on lumia 820 drains with continuous browsing of just 3 hers from 100%.the camera quality after black has bcum worse that am not taking any photos indoor or low light bcoz of green tinge.nd also am using my low end 512 mob droid more that too a brand like lava iris 458q .lumia 820 also becomes hot with playing games or browsing.hmm my next device would be definitely not nokia.nokia has lost in the world.but I haV to admit wp is is gr8 os no complaints.android lags but at least it gives gud battery life if not installing many apps.but nokia lumia is waste I paid almost 22000 for this phone now am regretting my decision.another think to mention is wp central app in android is superb compared to paid up app in wp 8.hmm that tells why android has become no. 1 os in the world.guys what is your opinion about nokia lumia 820.be honest guys let's share the rants here.

I clearly couldn't read what you posted. I need a good dictionary to understand the terms.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Its only English but I wrote it like long paragraph

Lumia 820 is an excellent device but it has some cons , first of it has amoled display and low 1650 capacity battery. Try to lower the screen brightness , turn of glance and double tap to unlock feature as these are the main battery sucker , if you are using 3G internet then don't complain it will drain battery much faster when compared to old 2g network , to lower your bandwidth go to settings mobile networks ->highest connection speed. You must be having many apps open in background. If you have gdr3 update with black firmware , long press the back button and you will shown all the open apps in set of cards , press the X button to close the app. Also go to settings ->swipe right ->background task ->block the apps you don't want run in background without your permission. Also note that using whatsapp does suck your phones batTery , whatsapp team is trying their best to solve the problems in upcoming updates.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Did you purchased wpcentral app , trial version has some limitations , purchasing the app give beautiful live tile , toast notifications etc.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
The green tinge you mentioned is a bug in many lumias after black, try searching for it, there might be a solutions somewhere, its fairly widespread. And frankly, lumias are superb devices, just that 820 has got a ridiculously small battery, so its not nokia/wp 's fault. Most lumias perform pretty well. My 520 has a smaller battery, and with full brightness,2g, double tap to wake, location, WiFi, and lots of usage, it still lasts more than 10-12 hours, and it can run for 20+ hours even. But 820 is a big phone with small battery, so understand...

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
K agreed but becoz of black update my phone is literally cannot be used for taking photos indoor

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
K agreed but becoz of black update my phone is literally cannot be used for taking photos indoor

man check somewhere, there must be a fix... This is a specific problem with pureview phones, many people have experienced it, someone must've found a trick. Otherwise lumias have got by far the best cameras ! If nothing works, go to nokia India site and do an online chat with their customer executives, they might help...

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey I have noticed recently maximum shutter delay can only be set to 1 sec.so my lumia 820 produce blurry images.any help please

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

saintmonster

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
been using L820 for past 4 months and from IND.
running on Black/GDR3..
problems:
1. multiples (X 21 times !!!) names of same file in MUSIC,PICTURES (if clicked via NOKIA CAMERA) and VIDEOS.
2. MUSIC PLAYER bug: when clicked on play a song, it freezes for like 3-5 mins, song starts playing, but the player doesnt open up, cannot control volume in that phase, it literally freezes with song playing.
3. BLUETOOTH : doesnt activate immediately, requires atleast 10-15 seconds to turn on.
4. DISPLAY HEATING: idk why, after continuous moderate usage, screen heats up and it feels irritating.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
But what about maximum shutter speed. 1s or 4 s

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

After black update mine too went from 4sec to 1 sec
Try keeping ISO at 100 and shutter speed to automatic at night....you will get 4sec shutter speed again

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys does any one know what is setting for taking pictures indoor at night.

Sent from my HTC One X using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2