Slightly weird WiFi behaviour?

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I've noticed something weird with WiFi recently - it's set to be always on, even on standby. But when the phone hits battery saver mode, the WiFi either switches off by itself, or switches off the moment I try and connect to a network.

Has anyone else noticed this/is it normal for the 'always on' setting?

Andrew

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
It's normal for battery saver. Battery saver terminates background processes. The only way to keep WiFi going is to disable battery saver. Or just charge more frequently. ;)

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Aha! Thanks :) I had a feeling that might be the case, but just wasn't something I'd noticed before!

I would charge more frequently if I could afford a second wireless charger - and trusted the night shift not to 'borrow' it from my desk :(

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Or plug in once in a while... I believe Nokia including a conventional charger with your phone. ;)

O', the convenience of wirless charging is just too great! With the amount of time I spend not at my desk during the day, if I plugged in my phone every time I sat down and unplugged it when I left I'd wear out the charger pretty quickly, with a wireless charger I just have to put it down in the right place....
...in any case, the battery normally lasts well into the evening anyway, it's only an issue if I'm really hammering it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes