Is NFC built into the Lumia 720 or added in the external wireless charging case?

powersquad

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
So is NFC built into the Lumia 720 itself or added in the external wireless charging case that needs to be purchased seprately?

The Lumia 720 I have, does not make the funny WP8 NFC transferring noise or anything else for that matter when tapped with another WP8 device like the Ativ S. Bluetooth + Tap&Send are both turned on the Lumia 720. Bluetooth works as I listen to music in my car with it.

So either I have a faulty NFC chip inside my Lumia 720 if it's built in or it's actually part of the external wireless charging case that needs to be purchased seperately. Has anyone here used NFC on their Lumia 720 yet?

powersquad

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Luckily I bought mine locally from a very big retailer so will take it back to them. This is wife's unit. Bought a white from expansys for myself so awaiting delivery of that. I hope that works fine out of the box as the warranty would be overseas one.

powersquad

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Good news. It works. Everything is fine.

What it was is that I had to touch top of the Lumia 720 with the bottom of the Ativ S for NFC to work. So either the placement of NFC chip on Lumia 720 is in a retarded place or it's on the Ativ S.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon