Casing fault with Lumia 720 - Getting a replacement

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I had bought a Lumia 720 2 weeks back (Came in the shops a day before that)
I noticed a gap in my casing at 2 points, on the top left and bottom left. The gap could be seen at certain angles, and to be sure I inserted a piece of paper inside it, went smoothly. That same paper won't go into any other point of the phone where the screen met the casing.

Visited a care center, Engineer was n00b and denied any gaps, asked me to check a demo unit and if I find a difference, I could come back.
Was frustrated as it takes 20-30 minutes to reach that center, another 10-20 minutes waiting in the queue. Besides I have a dayjob.

Mailed Stephen Elop, got followed up by the corporate office at India.
A Nokia Care guy (from the same shop I visited) came to pickup my phone and offered a temporary Lumia 800 until they checked my unit. They confirm the gap the same evening and offer me a swap which am happy to accept. Now I will be receiving my own 720 which I gave them as a replacement will take 1 week to arrive.

I must say life has been hell for 2 days as I'm with Lumia 800, I am unable to listen to any music or do anything that I would do on 720. I have deep respect and sympathy for users still on 7.8. Syncing thru zune is a painful task, I could probably graduate from college before it converted a video and stuck inside the phone :cry:, LOL.

I hope it helps someone who feels Nokia's A-S-S (After Sales Support) is Shat, its not.

Had it been some other brand like Fangson or Pony I'd have been running circles around.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
montsa007, I think you are the first person here who doesn't like Zune. lol :cool:

But I am with you on the excellent care Nokia provides for its customers. Nokia handled my issue with my 820 very well, threating me with respect and a very quick turn around with the whole process.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I would use a Lumia 800 if I had one. Its a beautiful, unique device.

All I did the 2 days was 'weep', not literally. I wanted to put a movie I had on my hard drive and play a game alongwith, the conversion was slower than a 1925 Buggy, I have a fairly decent laptop that plays 1080p vids effortlessly. With wp8, I don't have to knoch Zune's doors at the midnight if I want something.

Twinkle Sirola

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Lumia 720 (black).
I showed them the phone and also mailed Stepehen Elop (wells its more like a special lumia customer care). since nokia india was backing me up, they took the phone and said I will receive a new one in a week. Hope I don't get a refub. But I got to say customer care service is good, but lets see what happens next.

Twinkle Sirola

May 3, 2013
Visit site
and was it a brand new out of the box, or they had it with them kinda refub or something.?
and all the issues have been resolved with this one??
that's earlier than a week.
I have to collect the phone from nokia care centre , what a drag bro.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
^I only got the phone, it looks brand new, can't tell if its a refurb. Mine had cosmetic faults, not hardware or software stuff.
It took a week exactly imo, and they were kind enough to pick it up from my place as well as come over to my place to do the swap, didn't have to visit any center except once to show the unit, the trip was sour lol.

j3reun

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
^I only got the phone, it looks brand new, can't tell if its a refurb. Mine had cosmetic faults, not hardware or software stuff.
It took a week exactly imo, and they were kind enough to pick it up from my place as well as come over to my place to do the swap, didn't have to visit any center except once to show the unit, the trip was sour lol.

Wow they came to your house, that's what i call service! Enjoy your 720, i hope it's available soon here in Holland

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softradix