Clock tile like HTC 8X?

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I really got used of the clock tile on my 8X but I haven't been able to find a good replacement yet that is accurate.

Does anyone know of a good clock app with a similar live tile?

Thanks!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I could be wrong but I don't think Devs have what they need to make an accurate clock live tile. All of the apps I looked at had complaints about the time either not updating or being off by 5 to 10 minutes.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
There is no other app in the marketplace that can replicate the HTC clock.

HTC has special privileges for that, somewhat like Nokia (to a lesser extent). So don't waste your time looking. if one comes out, it will be after all upcoming updates or it will be a specific Nokia app.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I was trying to find something to place in the same space as the HTC tile, I ended up just making the people hub large and sticking that up there. The Nokia Weather Channel app looks awesome big too!

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Damn that's a bummer to hear. I just thought that would be standard with every phone. I will miss it until something comes out....if it ever happens. Thanks guys!

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
There was a bit of a campaign on these forums towards Nokia to get them to pick up an App called TimeMe, which is excellent except for the previously mentioned inability Apps have to update the time constantly.

TimeMe can only update (unless you have a Dev account i think) every 30 minutes :(

hatemgkotb

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, TimeMe is very good but I don't understand why "no tile can be updated in any app on the store unless you have a developers account".
That sucks big time!

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Since I mostly used the HTC Hub as the weather app, I ended up buying Amazing Weather HD which looks beautiful as a wide tile.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
There is a way, setting a proxy on your phone where you can access apps from all marketplaces, including HTC. Not sure if it will install on a Nokia but, it might be worth a shot. I know most OEM apps will install on other brand phones using this method.

Take a look over the hacking section on the Windows phone 8 forums over at XDA, you should be able to find what your looking for...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes