3 Quirks I would love answers to .... Getting the Phone Wed

Tommy Rayburn

May 18, 2013
Visit site
My Verizon contract renews on Wednesday and I am 90% sure that I am getting a 928, so I stopped in the store to play with one and I found 3 quirks that I was hoping people had answers for.

1. Is there a way to get to the gallery to view your last picture fro the phone? Real annoying that I have to leave the app and open up the gallery every time.
2. I was typing up a document and accidently typed "NokiaTest" and when I tried putting the cursor between the words to hit space, it kept selecting both words. Is there no way to do that?
3. When I am in the phone, can I type someones name in the keypad to bring them up? I have always loved that feature on phones. ie. typing 528 for Kat

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
1. When you open up the pictures hub and tap camera roll, it starts at the bottom (last pictures taken). Also, if you open up the camera and swipe right, it shows you the last picture/video taken.
2.Yes. You tap and hold and the cursor will appear above your finger. You then continue to hold and move it between any letters and then tap space.
3.Not Natively that I know of.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
BTW, Welcome to WPCentral! 928 is a great phone and you should love it. When you do, spend plenty of time in the forum, as most of the questions you will have can be answered here. Also WPCentral is great when it comes to finding out about new apps and games (it is my main source).

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I am also thinking of getting a Windows Phone and in regards to #3, I played with a demo in the store and tried this situation exactly. Best I can deduce, you cannot type in numbers to bring up a contact. I do enjoy that feature also with my current phone too.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I personally have never used those features on a phone before.

If you are looking for a way to get to certain contacts faster than others, you can pin individual contacts to your start screen or create groups and pin those to the start screen. This would give you quicker access to those you use the most.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
My Verizon contract renews on Wednesday and I am 90% sure that I am getting a 928, so I stopped in the store to play with one and I found 3 quirks that I was hoping people had answers for.

1. Is there a way to get to the gallery to view your last picture fro the phone? Real annoying that I have to leave the app and open up the gallery every time.
2. I was typing up a document and accidently typed "NokiaTest" and when I tried putting the cursor between the words to hit space, it kept selecting both words. Is there no way to do that?
3. When I am in the phone, can I type someones name in the keypad to bring them up? I have always loved that feature on phones. ie. typing 528 for Kat

Welcome to WP Central.

On the L920, after you have taken a picture, you can press the arrow in the top left (camera mode), to see the last picture you have taken -- this might be the same for the L928.

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't even dial numbers, anymore. Just hold the home button and say, "Call Dad, mobile." It'll confirm via, "would you like to call Dad on mobile phone?" Just say "yes," and you're done.

winger46146#WP

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
You can search for people by typing. From the people hub where all the contacts are you will see + sign and a search icon. press search and type away.

wp_ss_20130518_0001.pngwp_ss_20130518_0002.png

Tommy Rayburn

May 18, 2013
Visit site
In fairness, what s/he is suggesting will take one more keystroke than what you were hoping for (and doesn't work on the stock dialer).

It wasn't a bad suggestion at all, just saying it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. As mentioned in the 3rd post, this feature isn't a make or breake feature for me, just one that I find intuitive.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Like jmunchies1, I would recommend downloading an app called RapDialer for question number 3. You can use this as your main dialer if you like, and it adds a lot of functionality over the default dialer, including being able to start typing a name via the number pad to bring up associated contacts.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Let me be the third to recommend RapDialer. It has a ton of customization and you can set it up just the way you like it. I have it pinned to my home screen and it has completely replaced the native phone app for dialing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon