Unlocked ATT 920 - T-Mobile LTE in Charlotte, NC

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Just switched two unlocked ATT 920s to T-Mobile from ATT. Access Point app set to use T-Mobile LTE profile, getting around four bars LTE (outdoors) in S. Charlotte, speedtest.net reports around 10mbps up & down. If anyone's thinking of taking the plunge, this was a nice surprise (I only expected refarmed HSPA here). Speeds seem OK on the default T-Mo LTE profile, I haven't yet tried with fast.t-mobile.com. MMS appears to be working properly as well without any changes (beyond using the access point app to pick the default T-Mobile profile).

wp_ss_20130608_0005.png

Last edited:

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Finding someone else who already has T-Mobile in the area, I suppose. I bought a prepaid SIM to try it and only got HSPA, but now that we're postpaid we got LTE. There are reports that you can go into a store and they'll pop a SIM in to see what you can get (and to make sure your phone is unlocked). Fortunately tmo's LTE runs on the same bands as ATT.

sutomore

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I get LTE on my unlocked (ATT originally) cyan Lumia 920 in Pittsburgh PA. Its sporadic, i.e., certain areas have it and others are still Edge. The speeds where I get LTE are as great when it was on ATT. Very happy about it.

joshingyou

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I get LTE on my unlocked (ATT originally) cyan Lumia 920 in Pittsburgh PA. Its sporadic, i.e., certain areas have it and others are still Edge. The speeds where I get LTE are as great when it was on ATT. Very happy about it.

Hey I am in Pittsburgh too! Very nice to hear that. I might ditch ATT as soon as September when I get back to school and be surrounded by WiFi hotspots again.

josephtd

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Added my unlocked AT&T 920 to my T-Mobile plan in the Dallas area (Plano). Getting LTE most of the time with some fall back to HSPA, but happy the refarming seems to be complete here and can take advantage of HSPA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon