Here Maps (bad quality in some locations) vs Bing Maps

Manel Fera

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've just bought my new lumia 920 one week before and it's realliy awesome! No battery problems and all seems ok.
I've downloaded the maps on here maps for my country and the quality it's really bad, comparing to bing maps where the quality is great. Below are two links to here maps and bing maps so you can see what I see. (Zoom in and you'll notice the diferences)

Andorra on Here Maps

Andorra on Bing Maps

Is there any way to use Bing Maps? I've read someday that Nokia and Microsoft used the same maps, but as you can see it's obvious that this is not true.
When I go out to do some hiking, I can't use Here Maps as a map substitute and I'd like to.

Thanks and sorry for my English!

Manel Fera

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your answers.
Is there any app that allows downloading maps for offline navigation with other satellite pictures? Or switching the provider?
In Android I had one app (the only one I really miss in WP) allowing to switch between many systems (google and microsoft maps are the ones with better quality)

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
In my location here maps works better than bing maps, here maps has awalys made the fastest trail and showing up the right directions

I tested bing, but for me, is not as precise as here maps, here maps is still in beta, maybe when it's out it will be better on your region =)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon