Lumia 620 not booting with SD card inserted

Conor Muller

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

My phone won't boot with any SD card inserted - I sold my Class 4 16gb and bought at Class 6 16gb, and the phone just sits at the Nokia screen forever when it's inserted. This is really annoying as I love having music with me. Virgin (as usual) are useless and say there's physical damage to the phone (there isn't - and they wanted ?100 for a repair) and I really don't want to have to go all the way to a Nokia care point. Is there any quick fix for this or will I have to fight tooth and nail to get this repaired for free under warranty by Virgin or Nokia? Tried all different kinds of cards.

Thanks

Pulserider

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Might be a faulty card reader on the phone? Did you try to format the sdcard on the computer with a card reader - maybe that might help?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
If the SD slot/reader on the phone is physically damaged as Virgin say, then you can submit an insurance claim for accidental damage. It'll only cost you the ?35 excess fee (?70 if claiming within the first three months of having the phone).

NewAsurion - Your Benefits

If you're adamant that the phone isn't damaged at all and is just faulty then you're better off sending the phone directly to a Nokia care facility instead. They will arrange for a courier to collect the phone from your home address and return it back to you at the same address when it's repaired.

http://www.nokiatechsupport.co.uk/NokiaIMEIPage

malih

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I had an sd card related problem too when I first got the phone, turns out it doesn't like the sd card that was coming straight from my previous Android device.

Solved it with a format.

Sent using Tapatalk

Emre Erbek

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I've the same problem i guess:

- SD card works fine with other devices
- SD card works if i put it on while the phone is working

So my phone can read & write data to my sdcard. But if i restart it it freezes...

I've formatted the card on pc and also on the phone.. no success..

Conor Muller

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have tried formatting the SD card but still nothing. Will go down to Nokia care and hopefully they will repair or replace under warranty but if they won't I'll claim it off virgin's insurance. Thanks for all the replies and I'll post what happens...

Last edited:

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I have tried formatting the SD card but still nothing. Will go down to Nokia care and hopefully they will repair or replace under warranty but if they won't I'll claim it off virgin's insurance. Thanks for all the replies and I'll post what happens...

You should have received a letter from Virgin recently informing you of price increases. There is also a change to the excess fee when claiming on the insurance. The standard excess will be ?70 for all claims but this change won't come into effect until 8th August so as long as you claim before that date you will still only need to pay the ?35 excess.

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello there, I have tried and been into this kind of situation. I have a SanDisk SDHC card Class 4. First, I have inserted it and it booted but doesn't detect the card.. I waited for like an hour, but nothing happens. When I get a critical battery and shutdown itself, I turned it back on with the charger plug in but only stucks in the Black background with Nokia Text logo, and then keeps on restarting. It won't boot.

So I tried to take off the card, and it works. Then I tried to shut it down again, and tried to properly put the card in, and it works like magic. So mostly, if this happens, I think sitting the card properly will surely help you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClareceKeard